• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KarrMcDebt

Goodbye to flowering under LEDs.

Rate this topic

This is an entire plant that was flowered under 4 LED lights, including a LUSH and a RAB.

The strain is Jack Herer.   There MIGHT be an oz.  I will never flower under LEDs again. 

The LUSH and RAB are good for veg, but without a HPS 600+ in the flower room I should have spent the power money at the dispensary. 

Dscn1715.jpg

karmic_debt2.jpg

22222.jpg

Sorry to hear that, but learning is always good.

peace,

tw

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare, Pineapple Express & Napali Pink

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

this makes me question my decision to flower under LED. I have a friend who said he would donate a couple 1000w HPS fixtures to my garden. But I am still waiting to see if he is actually going to come through with it 

Each One, Teach One   :vap_smiley::vap_smiley::vap_smiley:

On 9/16/2017 at 11:20 PM, EDDIEKIRK said:

I've found them great in veg, but with just this one light the budding is horrible. 

In my experience if you build your own fixture or get one that is built with a high enough efficiency, using current LED tech for flowering can yield amazing results, not to mention you don't need to wear those color correcting glasses because the spectrum is near that of daylight. 

The important thing to make sure of is using the correct spectrum and also that the light is actually rated for the power it says it is. 

I built this true 400w fixture for just under $400 and it was very simple to do, no soldering at all just plugging wires in to ez connect terminals and the LED strips are  rated to last for six years at near 100% efficiency and then they just go down a few percentile up to the 12 year mark and even after that it's a minor diminishment. 

The other cool thing is they keep updating these LED strips to be more efficient so as new models or different spectrums come out you can always just swap out the strips for new ones. 

Because the light is so evenly distributed the strips actually don't need to be mounted to heat sinks like I have them, you can build a frame for even cheaper than I did using flat almuminum stock from Home Depot.  I chose to use the heat sinks to keep them extra cool. 

I completely agree though, just having one small under powered LED light is only good for vegetative growth,  I started out with a Mars Hydro 317 W purple light and I was surprised once I started investigating the current LED tech and how cheaply fixtures could be made with stuff mostly found at the local hardware store 

I'd be more than happy to help on a build if anyone is looking to DIY a fixture. 

On 8/28/2017 at 12:49 PM, KarrMcDebt said:

This is an entire plant that was flowered under 4 LED lights, including a LUSH and a RAB.

The strain is Jack Herer.   There MIGHT be an oz.  I will never flower under LEDs again. 

The LUSH and RAB are good for veg, but without a HPS 600+ in the flower room I should have spent the power money at the dispensary. 

Dscn1715.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you were underwhelmed,  I know there definitely are some LED lights that leave things to be desired. Hopefully your next LED experience goes better, I believe that this technology is just going to increase in efficiency and led strip arrays/panels are the way of the future for our beloved plants