Summer giveaway, Set of 4 Medical Cannabis Coasters Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

daggersstrain

Starting a dwc for the first time

Rate this topic

I haven't turned all the lights on yet and left em on for any period of time. I just have one led on for the clones. The hood is vented and ran in the attic. The filter is on top of the light to catch as much heat as possible from the top of the hood. No air conditioning. Air is from a hole in the floor . I have a 100 year old house. The air is in the cement walls which leads to thebasement which is vented outside. I've got a 4 inch fan to put on the hole . I've completed one grow with no issues with oxygen or co2. The grow was successful. The fan I have is a 6 inch high cfm fan.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Very nice :) DWC is a lot of fun. It also has good lessons that can be applied in other styles of growing.

Light-tight is definitely important. Light+water+nutrients=algae. I know it's been covered, but I want to stress it anyway :)

As for nutrients, I will throw a few things out there just to consider. One would be looking into the Lucas Method or Lucas Formula. It's simple, cost effective and it works pretty dang well for the most part.

Two is look into Cutting Edge Solutions. Good line. I've used it in hydro with success as well as others I've known who still swear by it. I love how their Cal and Mag are separate and individual.

Three is if you really want to go bare-bones, look into Jack's.

Well thank you. Ill look into them all. I acquired aqua flakes a and b for the moment. House and garden line. I am rooting in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone now. Hopefully they take hold soon. Keeping the temp at 78for the roots. Im just inpatient I guess

Yea it took awhile but they have tiny roots coming in. Now the long haul

U growing anything at the moment Eddie?

I have my journal posted here. :) Thanks for asking.

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/15457-hawaiian-skunk-outside-2017/

I do see that your photos are being hosted at tapatalk. I'll send you an email in a bit if I dont see you respond. :excl:

It would help if the containers were food grade. I would have went with a 2 inch current, looks like you have a 1 inch current. Roots will eventually get through there depending on your flow rate of your pump. Also what type of air pump do you have? I personally have a commercial air pump, and it gets extremely hot so it pumps hot air into the buckets. I usually keep the air pump above to keep it from water backflow incase of a power outage, and out of the light. I also have a fan blower directly on it and it actually cools it.  Keep in mind, it doesnt matter how much air your'e pumping into the buckets. The air ratio will always be 70. Also maybe next time, try using net pots and cover that area. I use panda film (white side up). Are you checking your PH and PPMs? Once you get a few rounds in and make mistakes, you'll know what to do and what not to do.