Summer giveaway, Set of 4 Medical Cannabis Coasters Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

daggersstrain

Starting a dwc for the first time

Rate this topic

Been growing in soil for a long time outside . just finished my first inside grow a couple months ago. So now im building my dwc its done except for the water pumps and air pump and stones for each bucket. . I plan on possibly using four water pumps for maximum water transition back and forth. Any opinions on my machine is welcome have a good evening all.a70947669fdba27d163130f3764ef15d.jpg2f00462f00bb88611435ae1576a0d208.jpgc43bd617149b4f8bccf1f081562fd1c1.jpg

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

If you modify it in the future, you might want to use large pipes for the water flow between containers

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare, Pineapple Express & Napali Pink

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

It looks good, but you don't want any clear lines. the light will help algae and bacteria. Ideally you want black

Thanks man . I still have to paint the whole thing black. Thinking bout black tape for the lines since paint won't stick,on it lol

That should work. To help with heat, cover the black pipes with white plastic

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

It looks good, but you don't want any clear lines. the light will help algae and bacteria. Ideally you want black

Thanks man . I still have to paint the whole thing black. Thinking bout black tape for the lines since paint won't stick,on it lol

That should work. To help with heat, cover the black pipes with white plastic

Yea maybe I would be better off using metal tape for vents that is reflective. Never thought about the black attracting the heat. Im sure ill have questions as I go on for sure. Still haven't picked a nutrient set yet I've been doin alot of reading but still gonna keep studying

Well been doing alot of thinking and im going to insulate the whole thing. Buckets, lines, resivore and all. Styrofoam liners for the buckets inside and insulation on the outside. Im getting a 12 volt air pump and 12 volt battery and a 12 volt bilge pump that runs the same gph just in case of a power outage. The insulation is coming in because I have decided to use frozen two liters in place of a chiller for the water. Why? My fridge runs 24 7 ice comes with that lol. Plus a power outage ever happens I have a shot at them living till power comes back.

If you modify it in the future, you might want to use large pipes for the water flow between containers

The pipe is half inch brother can't go much bigger its not the little water pipe for sinks its the step up

I was thinking 1-1/2" diameter.

Like this  - http://cch2o.com/under-current-hydroponic-system-info/

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

I dunno I know bigger lines will push more water but in turn that means slower circulation. Im looking at 800 gph pumps and up to 1000 gph. Pond pumps. So since im considering using 3 pumps to move the water. One on return and two on feeding the buckets I should have plenty of movement. I hooked up a 400 gph and it looked good on my test run. So im hoping with all im hooking up it'll be really moving that nutrient solution

appreciate the questions.  In my old aquarium days, my main pump was a 1/2 HP 1000GPH pump for a 150g show tank, would recirculate all through pumps at least 6x per hour, ran live filtration in a 26 g plexy tank under, and even had UV light inline, plus pair of external Magnum 330s if needed, so get circulation question.

no matter what pump size (or gravity if that is what using) the often most limiting factor is the size of the conduit available, and if that is the limiting factor, then becomes how much pressure can that handle if try to push through, and larger tube/space may end up taking less to force through.

For Nutes, don't have input, have researched and thought about DWC or RDWC but have only done ebb/flow hydro and aeroponics.

peace,

tw

appreciate the questions. In my old aquarium days, my main pump was a 1/2 HP 1000GPH pump for a 150g show tank, would recirculate all through pumps at least 6x per hour, ran live filtration in a 26 g plexy tank under, and even had UV light inline, plus pair of external Magnum 330s if needed, so get circulation question.

no matter what pump size (or gravity if that is what using) the often most limiting factor is the size of the conduit available, and if that is the limiting factor, then becomes how much pressure can that handle if try to push through, and larger tube/space may end up taking less to force through.

For Nutes, don't have input, have researched and thought about DWC or RDWC but have only done ebb/flow hydro and aeroponics.

peace,

tw

Thank ya for the input. Guess ill just keep reading for my nutes. If this grow works out ill build me another one and sell this one. For my first build it at least don't leak lol. I do need to move my buckets up about 4 inches I was having a problem with different levels on there buckets. After really looking at it the returns are lower from the buckets. So after the pump is added shouldn't be any resistance

Ty man not quite done yet but almost there. End of next week i should have everything basically . or at least ordered lol. Depends on prices at the hydro store compared to online.

at the moment I'm using a basic 3 part nutes, will look at and let you know which one, not the most basic, but not top, organic or expensive nutes. What size are the buckets on the dwc?

peace,

tw

Water is rainwater filtered through 8 foot of dirt and clay and collected in my basement ???? 6 inch exhaust fan and i power charcoal filter. Total of about 1400 Watts total with the 1000 watt hps and two mars hydro 96s.

at the moment I'm using a basic 3 part nutes, will look at and let you know which one, not the most basic, but not top, organic or expensive nutes. What size are the buckets on the dwc?

peace,

tw

All are 5 gallon and my res is 27 gal total 57 gallon capiticity.