• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StrangeGrow

Deformed auto worth growing?

Hey y'all, I have an auto that's looking all kinds of funky and was wondering if I should even bother to put in the time and effort to grow such a plant?

post-3215-0-65081500-1496513864_thumb.jpg

Also this is my first time growing autos and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be stretching as much as it is or is this normal?

I'm currently working on hardening off my plants.

post-3215-0-26692700-1496513879_thumb.jpg

You might wanna ask Admin KarrMcDebt about autos, I personally know nothing about them. Outside plants start blooming in early august and show flowers by the 18-25th of the month. So like Suzy says, you've only a short time to get 60 days of veg time outside.

Thanks for the timeline Suzy and the advice EK, it gives me a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it. This is my first time growing outside and I know that I'm cutting it close, but with school and finals around the corner I've been a little occupied.

As for hardening, I've been moving my plants in and out for about a week now. I've mainly been putting them in a shaded area, but over the last couple of days I've been exposing them to direct sunlight for a few hours give or take an hour depending on how they respond. Once I see any kind of cupping or edges start to curl I quickly return them back into the shade. Am I going about this right? If either of you have any experience with hardening off your plants, how long do you usually have to go before you can transplant to their final container and leave them outside?

You might wanna ask Admin KarrMcDebt about autos, I personally know nothing about them. Outside plants start blooming in early august and show flowers by the 18-25th of the month. So like Suzy says, you've only a short time to get 60 days of veg time outside.

Auto's will automatically flower after whatever days it has and the light change doesn't control it.

Thanks for the timeline Suzy and the advice EK, it gives me a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it. This is my first time growing outside and I know that I'm cutting it close, but with school and finals around the corner I've been a little occupied.

As for hardening, I've been moving my plants in and out for about a week now. I've mainly been putting them in a shaded area, but over the last couple of days I've been exposing them to direct sunlight for a few hours give or take an hour depending on how they respond. Once I see any kind of cupping or edges start to curl I quickly return them back into the shade. Am I going about this right? If either of you have any experience with hardening off your plants, how long do you usually have to go before you can transplant to their final container and leave them outside?

Did you get then outside yet? When you have a second, give us an update. :)

Yeah I got all my babies outside and they're loving it. Although one, my Dr. Grinspoon, seems to be having the longest time adjusting. As far as the deformed auto goes, she didn't make the cut. I have two other autos of the same strain (Dark Cream) so I replaced the deformed auto with a photoperiod Northernberry.

Got a picture update?

Here's the last pic I took of  the deformed auto.

post-3215-0-43979900-1498089362_thumb.jpg

This is one of the two Dark Cream autos that germinated out of the four seeds I planted.

post-3215-0-50848600-1498089391_thumb.jpg

This is the Northern Berry that replaced the deformed auto. Over the last week of rain that we got she decided to try and start to flower, but now that the sun's back out she's going back to veg. Simply swapping one funk for another.

post-3215-0-65902800-1498091253_thumb.jpg

Announcements

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today