Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlyinHayn92

DogWalker and Pineapple Kush

Rate this topic

Alright so here's a weekly update for all you followers.

Monday marked my first feeding of these little girls. Fed 8 oz of water dosed with Epsom salt, molasses, and Alaska Fish Fertilizer each. Saturday was just a watering day.

I also began my tie downs for my mainline technique (Credit to NugBuckets). Haven't seem to run into any issues yet. All plants look healthy to me. I'm gonna let them grow out some tips and nodes for a week or 2 before I top the mainline again and clean up the underbrush. Not much action here but some steady growth. I'll leave y'all with some pics. 5cb2eb4a37bd2fa7432221c0e6f79e18.jpg024558984b912c6ebe03ae2c65baf9bb.jpg4b92622440f4eb477624c2047392175c.jpg8e9ebaf707e4cdf76f8b5e48c6084edc.jpg2ad4ce6f28efe6ec4e78bd3eb27f2859.jpg8990d2d3dfa1eebfd3965dce42583d93.jpg2dec4270857358f5d86133d5f570a23f.jpg6aa65846f94db38f047528280462d5ae.jpg

Stay Irie

But look this also happened just a bit ago. Growth tips on 2 plants broke. Kinda felt really sick then remembered that I had some Jiffy pellets left over and said why not try to clone them. So I did and they're looking up at least. Don't know for sure if they'll make it but it's worth a shot.

Pics of clones were taken about 6 hours after they broke. d4dba43a71bf1cba714062b285d4966e.jpg6c488e86a44bdc4b4d9a99c394d5eb26.jpgd806dd96e47a85147342b442402a94e8.jpg09418e5c581773d3a86f8a7a837a3095.jpg

Stay Irie

Posted Today, 04:19 PM

But look this also happened just a bit ago. Growth tips on 2 plants broke.

Well that is a shame. I'm glad though that everything else is growing well.

These plants have not been sexed yet have they?

Ah shoot well maybe the ones that broke you can just grow out with lst or keep training out the one limb for mainline/manifolding.

But man they do look good!!!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Well that is a shame. I'm glad though that everything else is growing well.

These plants have not been sexed yet have they?

Yeah very shameful. I know. I'm also glad they're working well. No they have not been sexed yet. I really won't know until flowering.

Stay Irie

Ah shoot well maybe the ones that broke you can just grow out with lst or keep training out the one limb for mainline/manifolding.

But man they do look good!!!

Right? We'll see. Maybe I just started my next grow and I'll have a continuous grow/harvest routine. I did mean to take clones off of these babies but not this early.

Thanks for the good vibes guys!

Stay Irie

You keep showing us photos (As close up as possible) of the node crotches and we'll be able to tell you the males from the females. hopefully only a couple of males got hurt.  We should be able to tell the females real easily, we'll be looking for any white hairs,

You keep showing us photos (As close up as possible) of the node crotches and we'll be able to tell you the males from the females. hopefully only a couple of males got hurt. We should be able to tell the females real easily, we'll be looking for any white hairs,

Yeah I can sex em when I see the pistils right. Females have the white hairs (pistils) and the males basically have balls right, or pollen sacs.

Stay Irie

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

EDDIEKIRK, on 06 Jun 2017 - 6:03 PM, said:snapback.png

You keep showing us photos (As close up as possible) of the node crotches and we'll be able to tell you the males from the females. hopefully only a couple of males got hurt. We should be able to tell the females real easily, we'll be looking for any white hairs,

Yeah I can sex em when I see the pistils right. Females have the white hairs (pistils) and the males basically have balls right, or pollen sacs.

Stay Irie

We both posted at the same time.

Yes you have it correct.

This one here of yours looks like a female. See what I think are white hairs? they would be females.

bfd2f868aa22c7dfab14457d079f004d.png

Lol. I just went to go look at my plants and couldn't see what you're seeing. Then realized that a fibrous thing in the soil and the right angle in the photo made it look like pistils from the nodes. Hahahaha

Stay Irie

lol

I see it now

Lol. I just went to go look at my plants and couldn't see what you're seeing. Then realized that a fibrous thing in the soil and the right angle in the photo made it look like pistils from the nodes. Hahahaha

Here is a better explanation.

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/129-sexing-your-plants/

I got a tip for you too that SomeRandomGuy taught me was to soften the part you want to bend. So now days I kind of soften the branch up a little by bending the spot back and forth over my finger before I go for the full bend.

I got a tip for you too that SomeRandomGuy taught me was to soften the part you want to bend. So now days I kind of soften the door up a little by bending the spot back and forth over my finger before I go for the full bend.

Like super-crop bend? Or just low stress bend by hand before going full tie down?

Stay Irie

Sorry I wrote door it's this hit in the head I took last month, i meant branch brother I try not to pinch it so it will continue to grow at close to the same pace if you pinch it will slow it down like topping but the node is still there so more bud yay! I use the pinching technique to even up the growth all the time or you can just get the high side below the other side and it will catch up it makes training a big plant easier though to just pinch 10 20 tops instead of trying to train them below the others.

Are you going to sex them before fully growing them out? Might save you growing a few big males unless you want the males.

Yeah I'm not trying to grow out some males. Once they start to flower and show sex I'll cut em if they're males. Not trying to breed yet.

Stay Irie

Alright guys here's the latest. Good news, and bad... But let's start with the good.

Mainline is almost done. Now it's just having the growth tips grow out and they're done. Everyone also got a much needed trimming.

Also, the 2 plants that had broken have decided to take off and are growing strong and healthy. And I decided not to mainline one of them. So, I got 5 mainlines and 3 normal growing. Of course here are some pics for you all to enjoy.

c385b6f6a88e0378238b947a9c112838.jpge8be7da5ebbe96c01a801f838fae367c.jpg1dd463048b9c3599a3e695e9cd948100.jpge3b8e9f7fca0f7a34df3abf973aa9346.jpge1b85d431868c09100d6edb6d816d478.jpg9abc90c4bce9d7ef8deb6282a62e7184.jpg5c94996a12ed062b2b944cffd8372930.jpg4c0a66f45ab765b4472d4c5c07d2d1af.jpg10f612f1d0393e49ae8fd73fc0c5219e.jpg

Now the bad news... Well bad for me good for someone else. Due to unforeseen circumstances, (I'm not gonna go into detail), I will need to move down out of state. I will be leaving Sunday, Father's Day. I won't be moving into my own house immediately so I won't be able to bring my girls with. So, if anybody wants to take these girls on, LMK. I will donate these girls if you promise to take care of them. And if anyone may be able to donate seeds so that I can get right to a new start, is really appreciate it. LMK guys. You've all been very helpful and once I get reestablished I'm getting right back on here and starting yet another grow. Mahalo.

Stay Irie

Well the bad news is disappointing. I sure wish you'd had a chance to finish these out.

But what a grand gesture to offer them to another grower. They all look so  healthy. I can't wait for you to get started again. your process is amazing and I so wanted to see it through to completion. Thanks for sharing.

EK