Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlyinHayn92

DogWalker and Pineapple Kush

Rate this topic

So let's give this another try. Last time I wasn't so lucky but I feel confident and determined that this will work out. So again I germinated a couple DogWalker seeds (thanks to RedMud) and 6 Pineapple Kush seeds found in some meds I got from the dispensary. I figured I'd give them a chance. According to some seed sexing videos, I have 1 male DW and the other seeds are females. I guess we'll just have to see.

Changes I'm going to make this time include using a greenhouse setup for the seeds and seedlings, and also using soil rather than coco and perlite. I will try to lean toward an organic grow as much as possible and let the plants run their course, but I will however supplement their nutritional needs if there is a deficiency.

So all seeds were germinated in a wet paper towel and ziploc for 3 days. The DW was put into the Jiffy pellets on Wednesday, 05/10/17, and on that same day I started germinating the Pineapple Kush seeds. Today I will be putting them into their own Jiffy pellets.

Again like in the other journal, I'm excited to get this going and would enjoy company along the way. Any help or suggestions and support is welcomed. Aloha, Mahalo, and Jah bless. Stay Irie

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

5fbd88d54b0c84113a3006fdd4137b26.jpg9125ad75b162a3e09f4166e0ef88a3ba.jpg

Looking really good. Be sure and get them transplanted soon, One gallon containers would be best,  Leave them in those containers Just bury the whole thing in some soil. first time growers should always use a ready made product like Happyfrog or FFOF. thin it down with some Perolite . (sp)

Ask us questions,

f823da424e6aa62a8408e1c4f10dffb3.png

a5740068e9a4b14dcf5e42167f5491ab.png

When you transplant them Do not soak the soil.Get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water and let it sit for at least 24 hours. Then just place a bit of water around the perimeter  of the plants you just buried,

My finish pots are at least 10 gallon. 12 is better. It really all depends on how much room you have. I've sen plants grow just fine in 7 gallon containers.

I thought you were going with soil? Do I see Hydroton balls?

My finish pots are at least 10 gallon. 12 is better. It really all depends on how much room you have. I've sen plants grow just fine in 7 gallon containers.

I'm not looking to grow trees. But I can put them in like a 3 gallon finish and be fine right. Looking to keep then under 3 feet. 4 feet tops.

And they are in soil. I just have hydroton balls on the top to keep the soil cool and retain a bit more water. And on the bottom of the pots I have lava rock for adequate drainage. I would've used the hydroton on the bottom but they would've just fallen right out.

The girls are in soil. I just have hydroton balls on the top to keep the soil cool and retain a bit more water. And on the bottom of the pots I have lava rock for adequate drainage. I would've used the hydroton on the bottom but they would've just fallen right out.

Cool. Then I should be able to help. They look really happy right now. :)

Cool. Then I should be able to help. They look really happy right now. :)

Thanks Eddie. I used FFOF soil and added a little more perlite. Not a lot. Like 10:1 ratio soil to perlite. Still haven't added any ferts yet. Don't know if I will. But the roots looked good coming out of the pellets before going into the pot. I also buried the PK a little deep and covered most of the stem so I can have a little more root growth. They were tall in the humidity dome. From the pics you can see they were taller than the DW even tho they sprouted later. I know in Humboldt they grow the PK outside in the hills and they get hella tall trees. I don't have that kind of room, space, or privacy but I love the strain and decided to try my luck. I look to keep a mother or 2 out of this bunch. For sure I'll take clones. I'm excited

Looking good so far! How big a space are you trying to fill?

I won't be growing outside so not a lot of space at all. I can probably keep a couple of these in veg for a longer time and flip 2 or 3 into flower in the first box I made. Or change the lights in this box and throw em all into flower at the same time. Not sure yet

Was wondering because you asked how big a pot you would need. Also had a question. Are those led bulbs?

I think 5 gal pots max. N yeah those are leds. 100w (14w), 5000K, 1550 lm each bulb. Planning to get a couple more.

Check it out guys. See how they're doing overall! And help me diagnose and treat these problems, if any. The DW seems fine. The PK seems to have some twist in their leaves and one's got some damage? Peat maybe? See close ups below. LMK if there's anything I need to adjust. Mahalo. Stay Irie. f9703b8e20467c3cbe68152680d61570.jpg8673481172823aafe9f624eb9fb1b453.jpgbbec2b8661250a5c1608c585171c7b79.jpgc4b26c0c6fb5ceee8e48ecdb8b474e45.jpg4809207d35f3b01af7a00442133b6fd3.jpg17b2d3e8b1b78d8d4e415ab40c10d495.jpg5c0cfd80b1c3bf67bc9f2efb5f0d75d9.jpg

I'm going to say not to do anything drastic. Tell us how warm it is in there and do you have some fresh air entering the area? Lastly I think your lights may be to close and all were seeing is light burn. (it can tear the leaves like that)

Are you letting your water sit out over night and have you ever checked your PH? That could be a problem but that would be drastic. I grew PK and needed to add 10 drops of ph down to five gallons of water.

You'll also wanna add a pinch of Epsom salt to that five gallons every other watering. Many people recommend using something called cal/mag but im  thinking Epson salt provides those for you. Be sure its just a pinch,not 2 , lol

b765d922391be74ea1fafa3df5f5b26f.png

Remember this, Everyone here grows a bit different and everyone uses a different product, The main thing were all doing the same is trying to achieve what the plants need to grow. There is no hard and fast rules. I quit adding PH down and now my Strain recognizes it and grows fine right from the tap to a 24 hour waiting period.

That simply could be from over watering as well.

Lets say raise the lights first.

Then at say ace hardware or home depot. (Im not sure) I went to truvalue on 102nd and sandy,, anyway LOL Grab a container of this generic fish fertilizer.

1c9d6cbfdf25890e624a14ec62555b0a.png

1/2 a shot glass to 5 gallons of your water after your next set of leaves pop. You wont be able to keep that solution I just explained how to make unless you have a cool dark place to set it and keep it aerated by using an Aquarium air pump and stone.  So get a 2.5 gallon bucket and make half of what I called for and then pour the rest on a plant outside. 

Now you may have other chemicals you've already bought and that's fine. Just keep the numbers on the first number higher than the last 2. NPK (N) being your Nitrogen, That is for your leaves. Dont buy 5.0.0 thinking that might be better because the plant needs all three in differing amounts at different times.

Ok, let me proof read this, and keep in mind this is how I grow and not THE only way. You can see my journals though and see that I do now how to grow cheaply and efficiently.