Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest howlin420

Vegetable Glycerin Sources

Guest howlin420

If you are going to make glycerin tincture ,you need glycerin . And at the best price, not at $5 a cup or $10 a pint found at clinics and such.

There are a few places folks pick up glycerin around the state. I have checked out many and the cheapest one is

given here in their link. Liberty Natural out past McIver Park(sorry if spelling is off). They do require you to purchase $100 if doing "will-call". The folks here in the gorge pick up a few 5's at a time and make it available to the community At Cost, the only way to do it that's right.

My link

There are others like Bee down around Eugene. And Essential Wholesale in Clackamas area My linkbut none have beat Liberty's prices so far.

i did some searching on this yesterday. careful w/ the craft store varieties, read it carefully. micheals carried a veggie glycerin but its for skin topically, for the crafty soapmakers and such. i do agree w/ the bakery supply stores as all of theirs is for ingesting.

the bulk apothecary place is good for ordering online but they are in ohio. $13.65/10lbs, or $53.95/50lbs bucket.

other places ive found locally are:

1. alberta co-op 1500 ne alberta st. 503 287 43332..........$11.99/15oz.

2. capitol highway co-op 6344 sw capitol highway 503 546 6559........ $13.99/32 oz.(56.00 a gallon good grief)

in other words, if you buy it locally, you pay through the nose. if you can order it online and have it shipped, much cheaper.

Edited by l3SV

im still searching so ill add my info here as i find it. for things like this where we are looking for sources, it would be nice to have a more complete picture listing instead of a thread to search through, so ill compile a battery of info here for this topic and we can clean it up at the end.

You can get a sample of Proctor and Gamble Veg Glycerine for free delivered to your front door. I ordered a gallon.

You will need to "Have" a company name (but not a tax i.d.) , I'd reccomend a name that suggests that you make lotions.

You will want either the Superol KPOTM, Glycerin, USP/FCC/EP (Kosher), or the Moon OU, Glycerin, USP/FCC (Kosher) or the Superol NKTM, Glycerin, USP/FCC (Non-Kosher). All three are 99.7% pure.

That will save you some $$$

http://www.pgchemicals.com/samples/

karmic_debt2.jpg

22222.jpg

I know some people that got the 5gal buckets and it wasn't all that expensive, at least was then..

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

Amazon has it for $39.95 for Prime members.  The advantage to that is you have free shipping.  The disadvantage to being a Prime member is that there's yearly membership of about $80 I think.  But if you order a lot from Amazon, then it ends up being worth the initial yearly investment.  I do a lot of gluten free stuff with them, and if I do a regular shipment order, I can get an even better price.  I'm not sure that the glycerin is available for that though.