Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EDDIEKIRK

Hawaiian Skunk (Outside 2017)

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, Flacco said:

Those plants are looking good Eddie.  Re. Ash from bush fire, i would of thought the wood ash would be pretty good for flowering plants.  They don't look like they have suffered anyway.

Fingers crossed for the right amount of rain for your requirements.  Sorry if i missed it, but did you said you spray for pm?  What do you use?

:Peace:

Thanks Flacco, 

I think the ash would have been fine if it had been directly added to the soil. In which case, YES it would have been good,  but beings it was subject to being on the leaf and water hitting it, another chemical would have been made.  At that point the ash would have clogged the Stomas., thus interfering with the transpiration

Spoiler

Transpiration is the process by which moisture is carried through plants from roots to small pores on the underside of leaves, where it changes to vapor and is released to the atmosphere.Transpiration is essentially evaporation of water from plant leaves.

I sprayed the plants now for 2 years with this product once at the beginning of the bloom cycle. Plant doctor

dbe03fc3ed67751d2e625b9d6773924e.png

The plants are down and in the curing phase. We have a large netted drying chamber and then the plants (cut stems 8-12 inches long) go into paper sacks, we wanna wait til the stems "snap" when you bend them, at that point you can jar and start burping the final product.  This whole process takes about a month, 

Ask more about curing if your interested. I've done it every way you can think of, :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes true Eddie, the ash would gum up the stoma's.  Oops, that happened a while ago, necro commenting over sorry about that..  Ash is One more thing to worry about outdoors though.   Good outdoor is superior to good indoor though, I think due to all the battles/variables that outdoor growers have to face. 

Thanks for the tip on pm, Mold is often an issue through our humid summer's indoors and our wet fall's outside.  

I want to hear all about your curing method Eddie. Paper bags is new to me.  Do you use those boveda packs when in jars.  I haven't myself, but I would if I had some lol 

Can't wait for the harvest pics! 

2 hours ago, EDDIEKIRK said:

I use a curing process similar to this one. 

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-to-grow-marijuana/71987-drying-curing-storage-paper-bag-method.html

First I use this drying rack too get to the paper bag stage. 

1a6e73d2b1772aeb41d1b1891e9c54f4.png

I just got this last spring

10 8 2017 Drying stuff 1.jpg

10 8 2017 Drying stuff 2.jpg

In the past I've used this box. The frame to my cover came in it. a single layer off the ground with a fan going. Make sure to move the buds around from time to time. Once they are dryer they can go in bags. Check them daily and move them around.

10 8 2017 Drying stuff 4.jpg

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

3 hours ago, EDDIEKIRK said:

I use a curing process similar to this one. 

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-to-grow-marijuana/71987-drying-curing-storage-paper-bag-method.html

First I use this drying rack too get to the paper bag stage. 

Cool Eddie, good info bud! I will give this method a go.  Previously I have hung till buds are dry on the outside, seperate buds from stems and dry in shallow cardboard boxes, both with fan oscilating, then jar up and burp.  I've always been happy with the results, but am always keen to learn new things! 

1 minute ago, daggersstrain said:

Hey brother Eddie I can't get to this site on tapatalk? What's up 

Were not running tapatalk on this site. Its suppose to already be mobile friendly, I've checked on my phone and everything seems to work. Is there something not working for you?

5 minutes ago, daggersstrain said:

Yea our conversations are gone on there and i can't even find it on there now. the only way to talk is answer my emails 

If the tapatalk app is still on your phone, I'd take the app off and everything should work normal. 

6 minutes ago, daggersstrain said:

Yea our conversations are gone on there and i can't even find it on there now. the only way to talk is answer my emails 

All your conversations and posts are found here. https://freemygreenpdx.com/profile/3272-daggersstrain/content/

14 minutes ago, daggersstrain said:

Please remove the app from your phone, According to this graph yesterday 176 guests and members were on site using phones not connected to tapatalk. 

68731f20f1d1e1041ff7ff1731b6fac1.png

Let's See... On The Mason Bees-It Would Bee My Pleasure. Yes... We Too Have Usually Used Brown Paper Bags And Now We Have Not One But

2 Of Those Handy Ringed Net Hangers. So We Go Different Ways. As Of Late We Are Curing Within Mason Jars {'The Name Mason Sure Gets Around Eh ?  LOL !}

I So Agree With The Snap To The Stem Drying. Thanks Very Much For Plant Doctor Tip/Never Used It Before. Must Be Good If You're Using It.

We'll Be Sure To Get Sure. Thanks Again Very Much... Peace, BW

Were at the "Crack" stage and are doing the final trimming. It looks weak. :(  I don't see 12 jars filled yet.  :unsure: