Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EDDIEKIRK

Hawaiian Skunk (Outside 2017)

Rate this topic

That clone of Cheri's has really taken off. Even though the weather has been horrible, she's at least 3 feet tall. . Since training all the side shoots have grown 12 inches or more, I'll grab photos in the morning. (It'll be raining)

The bigger mother has shot off long stems with weird shaped leaves, (As TW predicted) I'm worried about getting PM, I see the first signs of leaf texture changes as well. So ... anyway, she may not make it.

The third smaller 12 inch plant got messed with by some animal , and I found most of the soil dug out in one area and the plant bent over. .So I repaired the damage, ((Looking for any cat poo)found none) and put a cage over the top to deter any cat or whatever it was.

Photos in the next post.

Thanks for reading and sharing.

I have questions and compliments, so bare with me.

First off you know I live near the airport, and love planes. For that matter, anything that flies, so this week we've had some kind of military exercise happening somewhere and the F-16's fly directly over our home. I seen two today flying one on top of the other. I did not get the camera out though at that time. I did not want to setup the tripod and change the lens so I only got crappy pictures. But when I do get a halfway decent photo I'll add them as well.

You need too click the photo to really see it.

754408939992ae95e2c0f062162717f9.png

Kudos to Purple Power and her grow.

I'm always amazed at how she can start with nothing and turn it into something so grand. I think its a good time to remind everyone, that I am NOT the master grower on site, I simply provide the space so that we as a group attract Master Growers. That being said we have several whom share not only their time but their resources as well. You'll find their journals by hovering your mouse over their names and choosing "Find Content"

Okay, I took photos this morning and then I seen purple Powers and felt silly putting mine up, but... that is my problem. lol I'm still learning.

Here are the only 2 that are what I would call "Living"  I have not tied the big one down yet,

df7b7d3ad488c9dbcff53cdd75823df1.jpg

500ffce5ca1dda12c630529dc274999f.jpg

39c00d53378fb5478ca8d333f37aa6c2.jpg

QUESTION:

Am I suppose to take this growth out? I'm subject to getting PM easily cause I'm sorta in a green house.

f7821a62603194d151133fb090aa579b.jpg

8cc7b68ba0476f3ba9cfe457dfba86e4.jpg

And on the Mother plant, the one I'm trying to revert? Is it possible that (She / It ) is making seeds?

a6a0a07d0f8f9dc441b0d56e69debf68.jpg

f4a9cd83cea49d362054251af0d0fe05.jpg

Lastly, I have this beauty queen. Whats happening beside mites? I think this plant has last years soil in it, Would it be last years nutes making it ill? (Hmm... they were flushed) Or (It has mites) is it because this soil was last years and I have not fed it any nitrogen yet? I don't think it can handle food yet.

Do I kill it or should i try and save it?

d939d87695dda9620681e1ebe20cf874.jpg

Looking good EK you know I have input lol on the Reveg from what I understand try to remove as much bud as possible and I have wondered if that reveg l did if maybe I missed a seed lol if I did then the plant I grew and called that long list of descriptive words was actually a Lunar Landing x BlackBerry kush when my plants finished reverting back after the up and down weather we had last year all the bud died off I just plucked it off. I do like to remove the tiny stunted undergrowth and inner growth that wouldn't amount to much anyways it frees up the roots to feed the parts with more light. That last one looks like it's revegging and the soil is compacted. Good luck brother!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I have questions and compliments, so bare with me.

First off you know I live near the airport, and love planes. For that matter, anything that flies, so this week we've had some kind of military exercise happening somewhere and the F-16's fly directly over our home. I seen two today flying one on top of the other. I did not get the camera out though at that time. I did not want to setup the tripod and change the lens so I only got crappy pictures. But when I do get a halfway decent photo I'll add them as well.

You need too click the photo to really see it.

754408939992ae95e2c0f062162717f9.png

Kudos to Purple Power and her grow.

I'm always amazed at how she can start with nothing and turn it into something so grand. I think its a good time to remind everyone, that I am NOT the master grower on site, I simply provide the space so that we as a group attract Master Growers. That being said we have several whom share not only their time but their resources as well. You'll find their journals by hovering your mouse over their names and choosing "Find Content"

Thank you. I've never considered myself a master grower. I'm always learning something new even after almost 17 years of growing. That is how long I've been a medical cannabis patient. I guess you can see why my son has a strong green thumb. I was one of the lucky ones where I had a mentor for almost a year during my first card. Back then I had a brownish-black thumb...yeah, I know that's hard to believe now days.  He told me all those years ago, he'd teach me if I helped others learn how to grow. I've had patients (never charged the dying ones-cannabis saved them, the others were charged at cost/grow supplies), taught the ones that took my offer to learn how to grow their own, given clones (usually with a sample of finished product) or medical cannabis away for free. I hope my grow journals helps people.  I do have the pest or beneficial threads and will get back to them when not so busy.   .

Okay, I took photos this morning and then I seen purple Powers and felt silly putting mine up, but... that is my problem. lol I'm still learning.

Please don't feel silly. Our climates are different...I'm close enough to the edge of the emerald triangle to benefit from it. Plus when you do post, I can see what you're talking about and can give advice. Your garden isn't that bad.

Here are the only 2 that are what I would call "Living"  I have not tied the big one down yet,

df7b7d3ad488c9dbcff53cdd75823df1.jpg

I'd make a break between your cannabis with the other plants. Pest can simple crawl or hop to your crop. Also those plants provide shade and protection for the pest. You could add plants that attract beneficial insects.  The dill I have attracts lots of paranoids and pollinators. The cat nip not only attracts cats, but deters the rats/mice

500ffce5ca1dda12c630529dc274999f.jpg

The shade leaves in the picture above can go. The shoots are big enough to support themselves and really won't slow them down in growth. Before you cut them, move the the leave to the side to see if the light can penetrate into the canopy. I may show this in my grow if you're unsure of what I'm looking for.

39c00d53378fb5478ca8d333f37aa6c2.jpg

QUESTION:

Am I suppose to take this growth out? I'm subject to getting PM easily cause I'm sorta in a green house.

I would, either my hens or I remove the lower stuff. Also through out the plant be it shade leaves or small stems that block the sun/light to penetrate into the canopy. Airflow is also important and affect by the leaves. Make sure you remove all the plant debris after you prune....and wipe down your scissors with alcohol. After this point, I put mine on the wall full of scissors.  If I miss something, it isn't long before one of my hens grabs it...either eating it right away or starting a round of chicken football. Chickens can be pretty brutal playing that. My cats expect some leaf when I return. They meow loudly, rub up on stuff, roll around or dancing on their back feet while watching me tend to my garden. Moose misses the indoor days which are returning soon.

f7821a62603194d151133fb090aa579b.jpg

8cc7b68ba0476f3ba9cfe457dfba86e4.jpg

And on the Mother plant, the one I'm trying to revert? Is it possible that (She / It ) is making seeds?

a6a0a07d0f8f9dc441b0d56e69debf68.jpg

f4a9cd83cea49d362054251af0d0fe05.jpg

When I reveg plants often do that. Usually don't get seeds.

Lastly, I have this beauty queen. Whats happening beside mites? I think this plant has last years soil in it, Would it be last years nutes making it ill? (Hmm... they were flushed) Or (It has mites) is it because this soil was last years and I have not fed it any nitrogen yet? I don't think it can handle food yet.

Do I kill it or should i try and save it?

d939d87695dda9620681e1ebe20cf874.jpg

Have you treated the plant for the mites? If so, with what?

As you know, I mixed and made my soil. I let the hens in the garden areas... with supervision when there's a garden. They can do a lot of damage besides eating. they can dig too. Plus I feed them

with every transplant they get Mycorrhizal and Bacterial Inoculant. They attach themselves to the roots and have a symbiotic relationship. You can get a smaller bag then the 1 pound bag I have (cost 70/lb) but well worth it. I give this to all my plants. I also give them nematodes.

Here's what my outdoor girls are getting while in veg:

Down to Earth: Blood Meal (12-0-0)

Down to Earth: Bat guano (9-3-1)

Down to Earth: Azomite (its trace minerals) (0-0-0.2)

For flower, I switch the type of bat guano to  0-7-0 along with my kick starter stuff to throw them in flower fast. It's called Hawaiian bud & bloom (5-50-17). It's about 20 for a 1/12lbs and I go threw two of them. But I think my girls speak for themselves on how well it works.

tail end of July, I'll be spraying my plants with BT (for bud worm cause by Cabbage moth)

Hope this helps

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Oh man I used to love to watch the fighter jets take off EK I lived down at the other end of the airport???? just about 10 years ago I was doing a tear off and re roof off 130th and Sandy, it was hot and we almost had all the old roofing removed, and they must have been doing exercises because the fighter jets were taking off and landing, I had a kinda crazy ex skinhead biker on the crew, when the fighter jets came in to land he would hold his hat in the air to them one time he made a circular motion with the hat after tipping his hat to them all day and the pilot hit the brakes hung over us and did a low slow circle then landed, it was pretty cool of him he made a crazy ex skinhead bikers day reformed of course lol

Got em sprayed down with Avid this evening,

Thanks team for the advice and compliments.  We should have a better photo after these pickup in a few days,

Thank you Purple Power for the detailed instructions. I was able too get Jessi to go out and get the weeding done. I will start trimming this evening.

d6c1ab04ac86bf9e17222f02a065e6ba.jpg

e8e57615f366ae5922805e01905dfbf0.jpg

fa8a3f54d7db1f395bf1cce3afdd56ce.jpg

aa456ea1f2198fb2f79e5b83aba59d8e.jpg

f0e30f4bea181850658de56c6992f59a.jpg

a6c1fc1dd2227627841ca2f99c1e93a4.jpg

Purp definitely has a better way of explaining things than me lol I read that jumbled post of mine and it doesn't make much sense.

I'm exited to see the results. I know you know this but also a fan blowing up through from below helps keep the pm and mold from settling in I usually try to place it where it will draw in fresh air and circulate it back out some how but remember where ever it blows out will be loaded with spores so try not to track it back in. And I actually started a light Foliar program that includes home made castil soap, h202, Azamax, a home made version of Nukem I'm working on, Aloe Vera, and some Cal/mag, B-1 vitamin, and humic acid.

I got my BT today (Thread on why)

I seen that it required having an N-95 mask, (Cheri had some) I used it as well as shoulder length gloves and full face mask.  I did it shirtless and barefoot. Then went straight to the shower. Man! I can tell you that stuff smells bad. I also added about one half ounce of Molasses to the the mix, (As suggested by manufacture) to help prevent evaporation and stickiness to the mixture. I used one gallon up on the two large plants and the smaller 12" one. It says You can use it every week up to the day of harvest. I wont need too though ( I hope)

Photos soon, Everything has been tied down. The mother plant is setting off new veg shoots, I'm wondering if I should be cutting off some of the old stuff? 

I'll try and get photos tomorrow sometime and show them.

Thanks for reading. :)

EK

8c6b516dc69b5609a88ee9056e17629d.jpg

ab071bd3c2f090b330a0257f4f574edb.jpg

New shoots on the re-vegging plant

c2c53e72e6c2cf0aa4e01ca79937daa2.jpg

54702be9aef8e5898abf4399707457fa.jpg

Larger Mother re-vegging

e02bf381fb2cdcd89093b89993b05f21.jpg

04b710ce2da124b2ed0e6150f5b344c3.jpg

b466a30fa54b4ee90958a05b3cd12df3.jpg

Your plants are looking fine Kirk...it's still early!  Like Purple, I always use nematodes if I'm using any of  my old soil. Who knows what critters have over-wintered.  Personally I would have destroyed that plant with mites.

I had super mites a few years back because people were over- using Avid.  I finally eliminated them using Azamax mixed with Spinosad

I'm not sure if this will work. But, I went out this morning and found several white cabbage moths flying around the yard, So I mixed some water and about 3 ounces of Molasses,mixed it well and then when I seen a moth I sprayed him real good, I did this to about 10 of them. I think when the water drys it may make the wings stick together thus slowing down their flight. 

Do you think this will work?

I will use BT again on Saturday.

I'm not sure if that will work

You can encourage small, insect-eating birds to populate your garden area, so it's worth providing feeders, constant supply of water, and nest boxes to encourage insectivorous birds such as house sparrows, goldfinches and skylarks. My hens love them,  but its hard for them to catch them.

a parasitic wasp, Apanteles glomeratus,  which devours the caterpillar from the inside out.

You could use netting to keep the butteries away from the plants

companion planting plants near or among your garden and which repel the butterfly. These include aromatic herbs (lemon balm, sage, oregano, borage, hyssop, dill (attracts parasitic wasps), rosemary) and/or high blossom flowers (tall marigold, calendula).

A purported deterrent is the use of white stones and eggshells, placed near and around your garden. These  are supposed to resemble the white wings of the butterfly, and are meant to trick the adults into thinking that the plant is already overpopulated. This can also be achieved by tying strips of white fabric to canes or trellises above or near crops, resembling butterflies with wings that flap in the breeze. here's directions ...   http://recreationfitness.com/deterring-cabbage-butterflies/3269/

The cabbage butterfly has yellow eggs and be sure to crush them by rubbing them between your fingers. The adult females generally lay them around the sharper edges where there is more grip, so this should be the first place to check. The best time to do this is after you see large numbers of cabbage whites hovering around your plants, as their eggs have almost certainly been produced.

How Bacillus thuringiensis works.  The caterpillar eats the treated leaf, gets an upset stomach stops eating and will die within four days. Bt should be applied in the late afternoon. I'm not sure if the cabbage butterfly can smell how bad BT smells, but I've noticed they don't hang around my garden when sprayed.

Yesterday I only found one pair pf Cabbage moths flying around, so I sprayed them, then I seen a few stranglers and i sprayed them. Today i have not seen any yet. 

Tonight I'll BT again. 

My damaged mari-stem (Seems to be fine, however i won't be able to bend on that one anymore)

9ad604dbc673182944056b4ea961c30b.jpg

Our little one. 

021ce25f53412bc9b0667d71a01ce994.jpg

45331652b5594e8b88bab53041044b61.jpg

3e9b060d0247a870ae022d1cc63b2970.jpg

f9f2c660fe35da4d041e127311f27d7f.jpg

a4534f9b59d434e463f2c5960191a380.jpg

6473c40fcaa5bbba3b35ce88f517fa42.jpg

Just got out of shower after doing another run of BT on all the girls. This time I dressed fully and had face mask and N95 respirator, shoulder high gloves. 

Animals all in the house. :D

I found this little beneficial this morning .

f2f43e3a0c828d3fc2c0e61001a0acc7.jpg

I also found damaged leaves. So I started looking closer with my glasses on and found a small green grasshopper. 

What do I use to kill those off? (Grasshoppers)

977c6755ca53733790106a856fd4960b.jpg

1ecc9853abead5181bf42f0bda142024.jpg

0dd33ccf08a03f1f828cf2dddd1afa63.jpg

The little beneficial you spotted may be there cause of the small green grasshopper. They do go after the grasshopper cousin, the cricket. There are many types of parasitoids that do. Personally, I haven't had a problem with crickets or grasshopper since getting my hens. I know that's not an option for you. However there are other (wild) birds do eat them, if you put some feeders, a water source, maybe a bird house to encourage them to be in the area.  Spiders, lizards and frogs are other natural predators. Since you have some beneficial I wouldn't recommend spraying.

Thanks Purp's, I "thunked" the grasshopper off the branch and then went for the camera , It was light green and baby size, I'm sure that is whats eating cannabis.  

Is it okay to spray with BT next week, or does that hurt beneficial's?

The little beneficial you spotted may be there cause of the small green grasshopper. They do go after the grasshopper cousin, the cricket. There are many types of parasitoids that do. Personally, I haven't had a problem with crickets or grasshopper since getting my hens. I know that's not an option for you. However there are other (wild) birds do eat them, if you put some feeders, a water source, maybe a bird house to encourage them to be in the area.  Spiders, lizards and frogs are other natural predators. Since you have some beneficial I wouldn't recommend spraying.

There a several types of strains of Bt that only affect one type of 'target' pest, so I think it should be ok.

One of the oldest strains, BTK (which almost everyone just calls "Bt" for short, Bacillus thuringiensis Kurstaki), only affects pest caterpillars. For example, BTK on a plant that's being munched on by pest caterpillars and any caterpillars that eat the sprayed leaves will soon be unable to eat any more since its a stomach toxin. Then they are unable to eat and die. But if a bird swoops down and devours some of those caterpillars after they ingest the Bt, the bird only gets a good meal. Same with hungry toads and other helpful predators. Bt won't harm them, you, your pets, beneficial insects, or even any non-caterpillar pests like aphids.

BTI (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) only affects mosquitoes, black flies, fungus gnats and other members of the fly family that breed in water. It kills 95-100% of these pests in 24 hours. This type is used for mosquito dunks. 

Bt san diego (Bt-sd) – Bacillus thuringiensis var san diego and Bt tenebrionis (Bt-t) – Bacillus thuringiensis var tenebrionis. The Colorado potato beetle has developed unprecedented resistance to multiple applications of chemical insecticides. Bt-sd and Bt-t are toxic to a limited range of leaf-eating beetle species and are now considered to be the most effective control for this destructive insect pest. Can also be used to control the elm leaf beetle and may be used on potatoes, egg plant, tomatoes and elms. These biological pesticides should be applied to the young larval stages, as they have no effect on adult beetles.

Hope this is helpful

Admin KarrMcDebt explained super cropping to me today. I need to get right to it cause Im up against the glass.

8b5480bace3004cba66bcea0941b6226.jpg

8b3c4350b57d7b8b4c29ba46f8a5b346.jpg

4510203f387afa3ad4b95d5acb3b3f62.jpg

94610bcc27f0b827b5039929c1de330e.jpg

f5f4fdc959f0b1a52657cbf92fedca03.jpg

d672bcdf590a931efdac9892128c9239.jpg

to me, it does not look like you train them much?  Look nice Sir :)

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x