Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DreadedHerbFarmer

Scooby Snacks#3, Chernobyl Golden Ticket, FiveO, Blue Dream, Locomotion(Blue Steel)

Rate this topic

Figured Id start my own running grow thread separate from my dry pic thread. Thanks for tuning in.

Grower: Dreaded Herb Farmer

Method: Scrog, Soil

Equipment: 1000w, 7gal pots

Flip Date: 2/2

Today's Date: 2/10

Strains:

Scooby Snacks #3 (Grape Pheno) S1

Locomotion (AKA Blue Steel) S1

Chernobyl (Golden Ticket) S1

Five-O (New seed being pheno hunted) F1

Blue Dream (Sativa, San Fernado Cut) Clone

Nutrients: Nectar For The Gods- Greek Line

Microbes: Mammoth P, Microbe Life, Compost Teas

Enzymes: SLF100, Worm Castings, Ferments

Amendments: Super Soil, Bokashi

Extra Info: Handwatered every 3 days, Drip Irrigation inbetween waterings, reservoir contains SLF100, Microbe Life, and Mammoth P. The first 3 strains listed are Selfed seeds from 'Heroes of the Farm' gear, I'm testing these incase I lose their mothers at anytime.

Flipped over my next run 8 days ago, 3 days later then I had initally planned due to yellowing. I initially thought it was from a nutrient deficiency, however after 3 days realized a few heads of my drip irrigation were clogged. This caused dry spots to form in my soil, resulting in PH fluctuations in the root zone, leading to some lockout. Here's a picture 4 days ago and you can see the yellowing:

FB_IMG_1486782361721.jpg

Here is a shot today, 4 days later, with the corrected dripper heads:

FB_IMG_1486780661078.jpg

Here is a close up of a Chernobyl top stretching and stacking nodes:

FB_IMG_1486780710011.jpg

Mycelium sprouting from Bokashi flakes in the soil around a young clone:

FB_IMG_1486784290457.jpg

Hyphae blooming in mass forming a mycelium network from Bokashi flakes that were top fed on newly rooted clones 2 days ago. These form a symbiotic relationship with the root systems of plants helping move nutrients around the rhizosphere to feed the plant where it needs:

FB_IMG_1486784282204.jpg

The best all around cannabis (and food) comes from living soils, this is why I avoid salt based nutrients in favor of organic as possible methods. Mycelium, beneficial microbes, and all the other goodies packed in healthy living soils can't thrive in the toxic conditions left behind in the wake of most modern farming practices.

That room is going to be packed! They look really healthy, Dude! 1000 watts is going to make the scrog out HUGE!!

As RedMud says. "Thanks for sharing"  Our follower are going to love this.  :salute:

Day 11 of flower. Growth is healthy and lush. Ive run 'Nectar for the Gods' as my main nutrient line for the last 2 years. Combined with supersoil and a coco coir soil mix, I have produced my best flowers to date. It's a local company out of Eugene, whose products are produced to be as friendly as possible with the planet.

FB_IMG_1487054994499.jpg

It's a lot of bottles, I know, but there is a reason behind this. I chose Nectar because it is predigested calcium based nutrient line. Calcium ability to bond with nutrients is superb and hard to beat. Fulvic acid is used to break down all the traditional inputs into a readily available form for our microbial herds in our substrate for immediate uptake. Each bottle is an individual element, so you can have FULL control of your plants nutrition. Most lines combine all these into 2-3 bottles for "ease" but in the hunt for ease of use, you lose control of being able to know exactly what goes in and how much. My line of thought is the nutrient packed, high quality soils provided proper nutrition over the long haul, and my readily available bottled line is like having a healthy diet supplement, the bottles are like taking your vitamins when you show a nutritional deficiency. I like to combine probiotic farming with the best modern practices.

FB_IMG_1487054371652.jpg

Here is my bushy expanding canopy. So far, only the FiveO flowers have completely set up. Ill wait until days 15-17 to selectively thin the leaves of my canopy to maximize air flow and light exposure to the lower nodes.

Back Left: FiveO

Back Right: Blue Dream

Center: Locomotion AKA Blue Steel

Front Left: Scooby Snacks #3

Front Right: Chernobyl Golden Ticket

FB_IMG_1487054360487.jpg

Flowers on the FiveO setting and opening up to the light. Excited, this is supposed to be an African Power Plant hybrid.

FB_IMG_1487054384040.jpg

Horizon view of the canopy so you can see the tops stretching through the trellising as they all approach the final days of preflower. Chernobyl will have some healthy colas.

image3.JPG

Scooby Snacks #3 showing 3 and 5 leaves in flower after having 5 steadily through veg. Hopefully this is a good surprise... We'll see.

That room is going to be packed! They look really healthy, Dude! 1000 watts is going to make the scrog out HUGE!!

As RedMud says. "Thanks for sharing"  Our follower are going to love this.  :salute:

Thanks for following along, EK! Hope they keep getting huge and put on a good show for ya and, anyone else stopping in. Can't wait to smoke report em ????

A quick update. Im 2 weeks in on this run. All the flowers have set up following the preflower stretch. Im bumping up the PPM on my next feed as I enter the midflower growth period. They seem to take whatever nutrients I can throw at them. I start thinning of the canopy tomorrow and it should be done in one day. As were in flower and we want to keep stress on the plant to a minimum.

image6.JPG

Heres a canopy shot from this evening. Had to move the light up as photosynthesis couldn't keep up with the light intensity and bleached a leaf. Youll see if on the Locomotion cola shot.

image1.JPG

Locomotion. Notice the slight bleaching. Moved light up and she appreciated it.

image2.JPG

Chernobyl Golden Ticket. This plant exploded during preflower. Excited to see if the buds grow as vigorously.

image3-3.JPG

Scooby Snacks #3. This plant is spitting 3 and 5 leaflet leafs since flip. Keeping an eye on her and hoping this recessive trait is tied to something sexy and not a hermie of some sort. Slower growth in veg so far and a bit leafy. Well see how she progresses.

image4-1.JPG

FiveO. This was the fastest to set up after flip and appears 2-3 days ahead of the others. First experience with her so should be fun to see what comes from her.

image5-1.JPG

Good ole fashion blue dream. Agressive as hell in flower. She usually only gets flowered when I need to use the same of the mother plant and I take clones. I know Blue Dream is frowned upon these days, but shes a horse and in my stable for a reason. Im reminded of this everytime shes flowered out.

Don't cut anything on the plant. :)  As you state it will cause too much stress. Just tie those down if you wanna make the canopy even. I may be reading this wrong though. :)

ea0dcce98ff6efb6c3beab1b960b75e1.png

Don't cut anything on the plant. :)  As you state it will cause too much stress. Just tie those down if you wanna make the canopy even. I may be reading this wrong though. :)

ea0dcce98ff6efb6c3beab1b960b75e1.png

Thanks, EK. I was referring to pruning a couple leafs that were blocking some lower bud sites, for light and air flow. I try to not cut too much after flip. I probably removed 12-15 lower leafs. I should have been more concise.

First time growing a few of these, and a couple beasted on me after flip and a couple of those tops got away! I dont mind a bowl shape in my canopy in tents with a sigle light source in the center.

**sorry not sure why these are going sideways all of the sudden**

Day 18 up date. We're firmly into flower now and everything is rolling along. Chernobyl and Blue Dream are both sativa leaners, so they stretched the most Agressively. Let them grow more on the outskirts of the tent to get a more 'Bowl' or 'U' shape in the canopy, with the light in the center.

FB_IMG_1487650497505.jpgFB_IMG_1487650506621.jpg

A canopy view.

image1-5.JPG

Chernobyl flower setting up. She took well to the scrog and has some large, strong branches.

image2-3.JPG

Blue Dream. Was the smallest plant at the start but the biggest now after 2 weeks of flower. It's a bummer Blue Dream is so played out, its a phenomenal plant. Why I grow it for personals still, just can't seem to let the cut go.

image4-2.JPG

Locomotion, another Heroes of the Farm line im excited to see the outcome of. Shes been the best so far in node stacking.

image3-4.JPG

Five-O. This plant is the furthest along and looks like itll make good on the 50-55 day flower cycle in the advertising. This is a super hashy smelling strain early on. Interested to see how the African genrtics show themselves.

image5-2.JPG

Last, but my favorite strain. Scooby Snacks #3, very skunky smell early on. With crystals forming earliest on the bud sites. She's a leafy, compact grower so it was hard getting a good cola profile.

I think all you need to do is turn your camera the other way and the photo will come out right. (I think) I know its some easy setting, (Of course, depending on your camera brand) On mine its called auto rotate.

Posted Today, 08:41 PM

**sorry not sure why these are going sideways all of the sudden**

Great looking plants. I just read an article in Cannabis Now about scooby snacks - sounds pretty amazing.  It is on my list to try and I cant wait to see how it finishes in your room. 

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Great looking plants. I just read an article in Cannabis Now about scooby snacks - sounds pretty amazing.  It is on my list to try and I cant wait to see how it finishes in your room.

Thanks, CatMan! Scooby Snacks is a treat and, the flavor on it's out of this world. Back in 2012, I was lucky enough to work at a dispensary who received the first F1 batches of Scooby grown by Heroes of the Farm after it was bred by a breeder who goes by Oneeye in the Portland area. It is Dog Walker OG x Forum GSC, I left with 20 seeds to go start growing it after 2 years working there. My favorite seed so far has been Scooby Snacks #3, its got the chemy '91 smell and flavor with extreme skunky grape essence from the Durban on the cookies side. Im really, really lucky to have the genetics I do. I'm working on getting the scooby#3 in a seed form and I'll give em out here to test when I do. Here is a couple shots from my most recent Scooby grows:

image2-1.JPG

FB_IMG_1487880252476.jpg

FB_IMG_1486431926656.jpg

FB_IMG_1486431921554.jpg

FB_IMG_1486431909532.jpg

FB_IMG_1487891228277.jpg

FB_IMG_1486431909532.jpg

oh, MY! :o such delicious looking plants!

muA

Okay now im drooling...  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the love, everyone. She's one of my favorite ladies in the stable. Ill keep you all updated on beans in the near future from her to give to you. Thanks for following along with my work. Ill find more of my old pics from her siblings I've gone through and im about to pop a few more at the end of the year.

Day 24.

Plants are eating heavily and really starting to show their individual characteristics. No major issues or adjustments needed.

I push their phosphorous each feeding, bone meal for the win! Along with a steady uptick in potassium. Im increasing the amino acids, phosphorous fixing microbes, actinomycetes, and enzymes through teas, ferments, and supplements.

SLF100 is a enzymatic supplement that has grown on me the last 2+ years. It's designed to convert unusable nutrients in your soil back to a usable form. SLF and actinomycetes from teas, are key when loading soils up with bonemeal, these will help break up any bonemeal that collects together in or on the surface of your soil. If you dont keep up with this, the bone meal will clog crevices in your medium, or a crust will form on the surface, messing with aeration and water flow through your medium.

Buds are forming nicely, and the canopy is thick. FiveO is further along then the rest and has a very spicy, hashy aroma.

Canopy Profile and above shots:

FB_IMG_1487993806020.jpg

image1-6.JPG

Chernobyl - Golden Ticket:

FB_IMG_1487993966241.jpg

Scooby Snacks #3:

FB_IMG_1487993958254.jpg

Locomotion (AKA Blue Steel):

FB_IMG_1487993841034.jpg

Five-O:

FB_IMG_1487993831345.jpg

Blue Dream:

FB_IMG_1487993822137.jpg

Day 27. The ladies are very happy and taking just about all the food I can throw at them. Ive stepped up to 120ml bonemeal per gallon. I incorporated crab and shrimp meal into my feeds at 15ml/gal.

Crabs exoskeletons (same with all arthropods, insects too) are composed of chitin, and shrimp shells are composed of a chemical called chitosan, another form of chitin. Plants carry an enzyme which degrades chitin. Once in the plant, chitin is used to reinforce cell walls during attacks from pathogens, if plants are pre treated with crab and shrimp meal, or chitin, it can be used to boost plants immunities to pathogens. Since adding chitin, my stems are toughening up and taking on a woody appearance, as it would with addee silica. This added branch strength will allow the the plant to carry more bud weight, along with making the stems less permeable to things like PM or fungus, which can fill the spaces between cells if not already filled with chitin or silica.

I wait until after the plant has set its flowers at the end of week 2 of my scrog to incorporate crab and shrimp meal because of this hardening off of stems. It makes it easier to adjust, top, or supercrop branches preflip and during preflower stretch. I avoid it often in veg as it makes it easier to bend and work plants and clones take quicker from less woody cuts.

FB_IMG_1488440273160.jpg

The Canopy View. Ladies are starting to thicken up in all the right places.

FB_IMG_1488440306012.jpg

Chernobyl. Really starting to pack on the trichs. The Trainwreck funk is really starting to come through in the nose.

FB_IMG_1488440313450.jpg

Scooby Snacks #3. The durban essence, from the GSC lineage is starting to poke through in the smell, giving it that deep, unique grape flavor.

FB_IMG_1488440286403.jpg

Locomotion. Blue City Diesel x Timewreck. So far this is the plant with the most stretch and nodal stacking since flip. At the moment the sweeter, more exotic flavors of Blue City are lingering the longest on the nose.

FB_IMG_1488440299171.jpg

Five-O. Fastest plant so far, spicy notes hit the fragrant department first, those African genes are really starting to shine through, followed by a hashy after smell. Hardest to reach and get to in my grow area, so haven't examined her as closely as the rest.

FB_IMG_1488440320498.jpg

Blue Dream. Classic, typical blue dream. Ive kept this one in my stable for years for its soaring sativa effects, massive yields, and outstanding cannabanoid production. Its got a great hazey flavor to boot. She tested just under 28% THC (for what that's worth) a few times I had her tested.

Thanks, Red. Here is the info I found googling and from other grow groups Im in:

"SLF-100 is effective in all phases of the growing cycle and is compatible with all nutrients, fertilizers and rooting compounds. SLF-100 is also compatible with H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide).

Thanks to a proprietary blend of naturally occurring enzymes, SLF-100 is pH neutral in concentrated form and has NO added sugars or NPK. As part of its proven enzymatic formula, South Cascade Organics utilizes Bacillus thuringiensis and Psudonomas putida for their ability to break down nutrients and organic matter into enzymes like amino acids which feed plants. As an added side effect, Bacillus thuringiensis produces a crystalline protein that when ingested by the larvae of fungus gnats, the protein cuts the gut of the larvae- effectively killing it.

In addition, the inoculants are designed to completely solubilize all forms of organic fertilizers from compost to bone meal to feather meal to salt based fertilizers. In short, SLF has been reported to help increase brix, increase terpenes, combatting possible pest larvae and it also solubilizes phosphorus and breaks salts into soluble forms while breaking down calcium deposits on the surface of the soil.

What is SLF-100?

'I want to post what SLF-100 is rather than a bunch of hype. That way, you can do the research if you want. SLF stands for Submerged Liquid Fermentation. SLF is a microbe based enzymatic product. We start with a base of microbes which we add to several species of grasses that we grow. We then bring in plants from extreme environments, for their ability to survive those extremes, and we let it ferment. Most of the plants we bring in are proprietary but one plant comes from a salt flat for the plants ability to survive high EC's. From this plant we get bacteria like Virgibacillus pantothenticus which is known to help plants survive osmotic stress and produces enzymes necessary to remediate high salt environments. SLF-100 was actually created to break down salts. Breaking phosphorus bonds and calcium build up (bone gum) are beneficial side effects from the use of SLF-100. It is not just a microbial product. There are microbes left from the fermentation process and researching the specific microbes will help to understand what the product is capable of.

SLF-100 is: A formulation of multiple species of bacteria, however there are four that really stand out and make their presence known.' "

Here's a guide for SLF100, an admin of a group I'm in compiled and put this together:

UNOFFICIAL_GUIDE_SLF100_v3.0.pdf