Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redmud

Perpetual grow indoor outdoor and DIY projects

Rate this topic

Hello everyone I am building a tent it's going to be 4 x 8 by 7 feet tall from various Lumber, Panda plastic, pond liner for the floor, and a couple light tight zippers, the intake is going to be passive and I have an air purifier as the exhaust, not sure on the cfm but I can add my 6 inch inline fan and speed control if I need too but I hope it's up to the task.

For the lights I plan to veg under the same two led panels the Mars Hydro 300, and the Illuminator jumbo ufo, then add a 400 hps for flower.

I'm undecided on my medium right now I recently heard of, certified pharmacutical grade nutes.

I have Bubba Kush, and Eugene OG Kush, I lost my clone of my Blackberry Kush when I brought it inside this fall but I hope to get a cut of her back.

And a few others will be in there too, green onions, Italian sage, lavender, avocado my daughter and I planted together this last summer, pineapple, and a winter bloom cactus my mother in law gave us, and hopefully, cilantro, maybe rosemary to.

I have some ideas I want to try out, and do more root bonsai.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress but working has slowed my home builds down.

I can be forgetful so I'll say thanks in advance.

Here's the build so fardca40ecc753e60907fa353ec9e22ea69.jpgecc1d7844800f0aa8aafdf522e47a1ae.jpg0e9cfeec8d120c04357f488f38c7dce2.jpg I'll get pics of the plants when they are in the tent this week

You sure have a nice area to grow in. I'll be here watching all along. :) Thanks RedMud.

Looks good so far!  Love the pond liner on the floor idea!  That will surely save your floors when the inevitable spill or drip happens!

:1974_eating_popcorn: Pulling up a chair!  :image:

You say Geek like it's a bad thing???

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

Not sure right now SRG but I think it would be under $100 the pond liner is a left over piece from Blakes build, the Panda plastic is left over from another build, bought the filter fan at Goodwill it was brand new for $5, I went to buy the wood at the local hardware store asked for the cheapest 1 x 2 they had they took me to a pile of close out wood and said take as much as you want for free, and I already had nails so I am pretty lucky on this build.

I got a little further yesterday, my nail gun jammed and I didn't want to clear it so I started forming the pan with a heat gun and I got the fan port built, the fan installed, most of the bracing in to keep it from Falling over and the rafter and light hanging rafter.ea0a06f7c217aad7227d55ed226819a2.jpg2899f4253ff549dc17f2fa388f2ffa38.jpgc737a525898354ff3dc9a66097cd03d3.jpg31b82f57e4505b6381f35647436d0a50.jpg

I had some black plastic so I finished the last bit with it for now and used some strip lights on green so I don't have to work in the dark or with a flashlight during flower and I ran the remote sensor out of the tent so I can turn it on before I go in.

ca8402431f3c2cbee5abb58e3c1fd9ba.jpg

oh yeah I love those reusable grocery bags you can see one cut open and taped in place as a intake filter and light block on the right.
Here's the lights

7d1cba49500ba7729c21ea93d790b520.jpg

I hung the hps for later use.

a6027535500175e0dcf8a032ac05307c.jpg

Great progress redmud!  Great use of materials as well! 

Never used green lights before in the garden.  But, everything IS better with a remote control!   :dance:

You say Geek like it's a bad thing???

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

From what I gather plants don't recognize green light so using said light is suppose to be safe in flower, we will see if that holds up I may leave it on for the first week of flip.

Oh and I just realized with all those colors to choose from I will be able to choose colors for pics

Update time I waited to long to put these girls into a bigger home but I think they will recover.

I have another viable clone in there too it's a Purple Caddilac clone in the middle to the right the two outer ones were cut a week later by my buddy and may not pop roots, it's his plant and he hasn't had a clone take for over a year from her, so that little clone in the middle is exciting.

I found a large clear tote painted the outside of it with black Truck bed liner paint, and decided to put them in there together. I put in a drain port and built a stand that slopes for drainage.

There is more going on under the hood as well I re amended the old soil with my compost, bone meal, fishbonemeal, blood meal, feather meal, alfalfa meal, rock phosphate, greensand, langbeinite, kelp meal, worm castings, Bo Kashi, Great white, yeast, and hardwood ash.

before I added anything I pasteurized all the soil and compost and mixed in coco coir, 50/50 to lighten it up and amended it all together as soil. It should be good for what I'm hoping to accomplish like I said there is more going on under there, it isn't going yet but is set up to experiment. I hope it works.9c7ee5181ebb2d9a2b706367dfdd9c31.jpg

Love that nutrient mix -- bet the plants do too.  Do you add DE for silica?

Very curious about one thing: How do you pasteurize?  An oven?  You check for over 180F in the middle?  If yes, how long (20min)? 

sillydog sez, "Dope grows."