• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SomeRandomGuy

Just made some Isopropyl hash

Used a BHO tube :D

You did? Was it hard,? How long did it take? I have a hundred questions, maybe you better just explain it straight out. :P

Took about 6 hours to evaporate. Would have been faster if i used higher than 70% isopropyl. Using 90% or higher is recomended. And was not hard at all.

I've got some closed bottles of 91 proof, I'll save you one.

Took about 6 hours to evaporate. Would have been faster if i used higher than 70% isopropyl. Using 90% or higher is recomended. And was not hard at all.

I've got some closed bottles of 91 proof, I'll save you one.

Well thank you. Will have to pick that up sometime.

Used a BHO tube :D

It's funny, just the other day I was thinking of trying something like this.  How is the flavor?  Also, did you use fresh frozen or dried/cured?  Nugs or trim?

Was leaf trim. Would probably work better if using frozen plant material. Taste was rather good. Had an instant bho like taste to it.

Make sure you properly vacuum purged or heat purged something serious using isopropyl alcohol. I recommend everclear drinking alcohol if you don't have avacuum. You can improve the color and clarity by pre freezing your alcohol and budd separately in the freezer 12 hours before you extract.

Using 91 percent instead of 70 will also keep you from picking up those nasty dark water solubles.

Spontaneous hash making is never discouraged! Carry on my brother!!! :D

Definitely, for being a random idea i had it came out rather well. Next time ill probably freeze the product but i don't like it being around my sister. So timing is key. Going to use 91% this next time. Also may try seeing how ethanol differs from iso. By using 95% ethanol(everclear in most cases). Ill post my next run in this post also.

I found 100% iso at the auto store.  Here is a link to what I got https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/CRC095343/CRC095343

It is used to remove water in lines or something.  Evaporates really quickly and left me with a near shatter if I remember correctly.  Just be careful as it can be more volatile when evaporating than the regular stuff and keep things ventilated. 

Here is the safety sheet if you care to read it: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/683499pdf?$PDF$

What strain did you use?

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

I found 100% iso at the auto store.  Here is a link to what I got https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/CRC095343/CRC095343

It is used to remove water in lines or something.  Evaporates really quickly and left me with a near shatter if I remember correctly.  Just be careful as it can be more volatile when evaporating than the regular stuff and keep things ventilated. 

Here is the safety sheet if you care to read it: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/683499pdf?$PDF$

What strain did you use?

Yeah at some places there is 99% but it goes rather quick :wink:

It was an unknown outdoor strain.

Isopropyl takes less time. Ethanol takes almost 4 times as long. When i steep in mason jars i do 25 second washes with iso. 2 and a half minutes for ethanol.

I did notice that when i accidently left my tincture open over night. Even the 70% only took about 6 hours. The ethanol only half evaporated.

Guess ill stick with Iso.

The higher the alcohol, the less polar nasties get extracted. Definitely worth finding 99 percent.

Water is a polar solvent meaning it will intake all the stuff we do not want in our product. Isopropyl alcohol is a non polar solvent so it only intakes the oils/resins of the plant. A long with any alkaloids.

Drinking quality ethanol is around 95 percent. The rest is water and it comes from the azeotropic balqnce. They add dessicants to remove the water on the higher percentage isopropyl alcohols. But these dessicants also make it unsuitable to drink. You definitely need to fully vacuum purge iso washes.