• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpeedDemon4

Water Cure

I have been vaping the flower that I didn't water cure to get a feel for the effect they gave, how they tasted and the smell that irradiated when vaped. It was important for me to do this because, I am not sure what buds I pulled out of the water cure jar. The water cure made them all look very similar. I wanted to get a good sense of what I was working with.

Smoke Report: when I opened the jar full of buds that had been water cured, they exuded a much different aroma then those that weren't water cured. The smell that we have all come to know and love is no longer there. It was replaced with a very fresh, clean plant matter smell. Once the material was ground up, the smell was a nice light fresh plant matter smell with a tang of citrus. The vapor was incredibly smooth and had a wonderfully clean flavor. The high was very clean compared to the flowers that hadn't been water cured, it is hard to accurately describe this. It is like going from an Audi to a BMW, both are great but they are different. I felt like I got higher than normal, but some say that this is due to the buds shrinking, so in theory you are smoking more material at a time. I don't buy into that theory though. My flowers did not shrink a great deal, but they definitely lost there bag appeal. I think the shrinking that people are seeing is a natural occurrence, the flowers shrink just as much when you do a traditional dry/cure. The smell after smoking is almost non existent, I could see doing this to easily vape in public without anyone batting an eye. 

Overall I could see where this has its use. I wouldn't do it all the time, but the water cure definitely has its place. I feel like I got a very clean extract out of it.

I have been vaping the flower that I didn't water cure to get a feel for the effect they gave, how they tasted and the smell that irradiated when vaped. It was important for me to do this because, I am not sure what buds I pulled out of the water cure jar. The water cure made them all look very similar. I wanted to get a good sense of what I was working with.

Smoke Report: when I opened the jar full of buds that had been water cured, they exuded a much different aroma then those that weren't water cured. The smell that we have all come to know and love is no longer there. It was replaced with a very fresh, clean plant matter smell. Once the material was ground up, the smell was a nice light fresh plant matter smell with a tang of citrus. The vapor was incredibly smooth and had a wonderfully clean flavor. The high was very clean compared to the flowers that hadn't been water cured, it is hard to accurately describe this. It is like going from an Audi to a BMW, both are great but they are different. I felt like I got higher than normal, but some say that this is due to the buds shrinking, so in theory you are smoking more material at a time. I don't buy into that theory though. My flowers did not shrink a great deal, but they definitely lost there bag appeal. I think the shrinking that people are seeing is a natural occurrence, the flowers shrink just as much when you do a traditional dry/cure. The smell after smoking is almost non existent, I could see doing this to easily vape in public without anyone batting an eye. 

Overall I could see where this has its use. I wouldn't do it all the time, but the water cure definitely has its place. I feel like I got a very clean extract out of it.

Great write-up, Speedy.  I might have to take a couple of ounces from my next harvest to give this a try.  What would you say is the biggest benefit to this method?