• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IronHorse_D

Skinny Man

Hi all,

While it's all too common these days for people to search high and low for strategies on losing weight. However, I seem to suffer from quite the opposite. I am a male, in my early 30's, I'm 5'11" and I have struggled with being underweight my whole life. I've never been heavier than 155lbs and I have recently dipped down below 130lbs. I was wondering if anyone here could suggest a strain that stimulates the appetite like no other. I understand that I am fairly new to the forum and per the rules, I am not asking for meds or clones, just suggestions. Thanks in advance for your kindness and compassion.

Thing with being like that is you can't gain weight just by eating. That will only speed up your metabolism so the second you stop eating as much you will lose weight again. What i do since i am the same body type is eat a good amount of protein mixed with calories and carbs before a workout and after a workout. Basically if you eat a lot you should work out to turn that energy you took in into muscle which will stay. Not fat that your body wants to burn off.

I suffer from the same problem..... and I have a total of zero suggestions. I've tried just about everything

Thing with being like that is you can't gain weight just by eating. That will only speed up your metabolism so the second you stop eating as much you will lose weight again. What i do since i am the same body type is eat a good amount of protein mixed with calories and carbs before a workout and after a workout. Basically if you eat a lot you should work out to turn that energy you took in into muscle which will stay. Not fat that your body wants to burn off.

Sound advice, thank you. Respectfully though; appetite stimulation is a factor. Sometimes I feel as though I'm not hungry when I should be, usually based on how long ago my last meal was and what it consisted of. I hate the feeling of "force feeding" myself at regular intervals. I find that when I do that, it makes me begrudge the whole experience and therefore, "eating becomes a chore." I still wonder if there might be a strain that I could utilize that would stimulate my appetite and therefore motivate me to eat more often, perhaps in combination with a regular workout routine I might be able to bring my weight back up to a healthier standard.

Please note, I medicate daily to manage other symptoms and yet, here I am. So, the strains I have access to aren't doing the trick in this department.

I am willing to accept that perhaps cannabis isn't the answer to this particular problem of mine *gasp* blasphemy, right? Ha!

Perhaps my issue needed a bit more explaining. Thanks again.

I have the same issue and have always wondered why there was not more said about it.

The only way I was able to gain weight was by eating three times a day, and working out. I once was 185lb's I did not smoke cigarettes.

I quit smoking again about 5 days before xmas and have only had maybe three smokes since then. I think I can quit for good soon.

Its costly but adding a nutrition drink to my daily intake has also helped me keep my current weight of about 170.lbs.

Honestly after smoking cannabis for over 30 years, does not make me hungry, It used to in the beginning,

I hope more people chime in and talk about this.

I like SomeRandomGuy's idea.

I see that this has been viewed almost a hundred times. Your not alone and I personally applaud you for bringing this up.

My heaviest weight was when I went to jail for 60 days, I had no cigarettes, ate three times a day, (lots of bread and carbs) and exercised daily. When I got out 60 days later I was in the best shape of my life,

Someone will come along and help with your question. I just don't know the answer. Try everything. I have bought every kind of Weight gain product by the crate and drank it with no success. I eat all my cereal using pure cream.

I've viewed this multiple times and have even written a few replies, but the bottom line is that I don't know, either. I might smoke and get a nice case of the munchies, then smoke the same strain the next day and no munchies.

The only manner in which marijuana seems to help me is in generally keeping me healthy. The better my overall health, the more likely I am to eat.

I've found I'm better off waiting to medicate until after I eat, both because it becomes a small reward for eating and because marijuana tends to kill my appetite. Too many times it has looked like:

I'm hungry >> Smoke >> Fix food >> Lose appetite >> Put food in fridge for later >> Throw it out a week later.

hivemind-150.jpg

Welcome to the Hive Mind

My mind is on vacation. Please, kindly inform me if you see it. It is likely wearing a sparkle, rainbow wig, and comes to the name "Kristen."

I have the same issue and have always wondered why there was not more said about it.

The only way I was able to gain weight was by eating three times a day, and working out. I once was 185lb's I did not smoke cigarettes.

I quit smoking again about 5 days before xmas and have only had maybe three smokes since then. I think I can quit for good soon.

Its costly but adding a nutrition drink to my daily intake has also helped me keep my current weight of about 170.lbs.

Honestly after smoking cannabis for over 30 years, does not make me hungry, It used to in the beginning,

I hope more people chime in and talk about this.

I like SomeRandomGuy's idea.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing. I can only speak for myself when I say that when the subject of body weight comes up, if I say anything negative about being skinny, I get scoffed at or eyes go rolling because I'm thin, so what do I have to complain about. Right? For me it's maddening to get the impression that my concerns are less valid because I'm not overweight like a majority of the country. I digress, as I could go on and on about this for quite some time.

Congrats on your renewed decision to cut out/ limit your tobacco use. I switched to e-cigs about 2 years ago and quit using nicotine altogether a year ago. Keep up the good fight, it's possible and it's worth it!

I've experimented with nutrition drinks in the past and I know just the mix to get. (I'm lactose intolerant, not just a little bit, but all the way)

I've noticed that the munchies are more of a novelty now days when it comes to my cannabis use. I thought that it may have had something to do with the strains I smoke or maybe I just got use to their effects. That's why I initially thought that a different strain might so the trick.

I hope more people chime in too! Personally I'm taken aback a bit by the responses I've gotten already. :D

I see that this has been viewed almost a hundred times. Your not alone and I personally applaud you for bringing this up.

My heaviest weight was when I went to jail for 60 days, I had no cigarettes, ate three times a day, (lots of bread and carbs) and exercised daily. When I got out 60 days later I was in the best shape of my life,

Someone will come along and help with your question. I just don't know the answer. Try everything. I have bought every kind of Weight gain product by the crate and drank it with no success. I eat all my cereal using pure cream.

Thank you. I hope that the folks who read this thread, even if they don't take part; are able to benefit from what we talk about.

Yourself and the other individuals who have joined me here have already been a big help. Just knowing that I'm not alone in this is empowering and motivating.

Ugh, pure cream... that's all you, bud. (the lactose demons are snickering)

I've viewed this multiple times and have even written a few replies, but the bottom line is that I don't know, either. I might smoke and get a nice case of the munchies, then smoke the same strain the next day and no munchies.

The only manner in which marijuana seems to help me is in generally keeping me healthy. The better my overall health, the more likely I am to eat.

I've found I'm better off waiting to medicate until after I eat, both because it becomes a small reward for eating and because marijuana tends to kill my appetite. Too many times it has looked like:

I'm hungry >> Smoke >> Fix food >> Lose appetite >> Put food in fridge for later >> Throw it out a week later.

I've noticed the same thing in my experience as time goes on. The munchies are not a consistent side effect. I really like your idea of using the smoke session as a reward for eating. I will have to try it out.

Ha ha, I've done the same thing, except that most of the time I don't even get the food made because I get distracted by something completely unrelated to food after I smoke and forget to eat altogether! Other times= munchies. *shrug*

Part of it is buying foods that youd want to eat more. I know if i have a package of burritos in my house im more likely to eat in the beginning of the day instead of just waiting for dinner.

Hmm, this gives me an idea. I have some special dietary restrictions (lactose intolerance, see above) so buying pre-made foods can be tricky but... my wheels are turning.

Thank you all, for your kind words and encouragement.