Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

CatManMoo's Perpetual Organic Litter ~

Rate this topic

Hey folks.  Its been a while since I posted but I have wanted to keep a running journal with some pics of what I got going on.  Too hard to keep each individual strain separate.  Hop along for the ride.  Also, if you see something that seems off please say something!  I am still learning and make lots of mistakes :)

Current strains in flower: 4x4 tent with 600w HPS, no glass

(1)- Blue Dream (HSO) fem

(1)- Brazilian Bag Seed reg

(2)- Carmelo (Delicious Seeds) fem clones

(1)- Bubblicious (Nirvana) fem

(1)- Snow Cap (Grandaddy Purple Seeds) reg <- this is a nostalgic strain for me.  This is the first “medical marijuana” strain that I ever tried when I moved out to Cali.  I have tried to find it again ever since. 

Strains Vegging: 2’6”x5’ closet with 400w Lush LED

(1)- Mendocino Purp fem clone

Seedlings: Under T5 in cabinet

(4)- Sour Tangie (Reservada Private) fem

(2)- Peach Dreams (Elemental Seeds) reg

(1)- Florida Gold (Reservada Grow Your Own series) fem

(1)- Animal Cookies (BCBD) reg

Here are some pics of the Blue Dream in flower and of the 4x4 tent.

IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

The blue dream pictures highlight the yellowing that I have been seeing on the plants.  Last watering I gave them some grow fert (General Organics) to help boost N as this is what I was thinking them problem is.  It started at the bottom of the plants and is moving its way up.  I will also add a tea in a week or so to reinoculate the micro-herds. 

My main issue right now is the seedlings.  I planted them in a 50/50 mix of Pro-Mix organic and EWC then cut this with about 30% perlite.  The Pro-Mix package suggested a 50% cut with EWC for seedlings so they do not burn.  Well they are definitely burning.  I only water with RO.  The cotyledon are yellow and curled on most of the plants and it is starting to creep up to the rest of the leaves.  The plants growth are also very slow.  Should I flush or wait it out and baby them as they grow slowly? I will try and get some pics today. 

Moo

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

If they are new babies fresh from the clone tray I would just flush with water until you see new growth.

Okey will do.  They are new plants from seed.  Maybe 2 weeks old

Yeah, those were too young (I feel) to have placed in such strong soil. I would not transplant them. just flush and be sure they get plenty of air, :)

My main issue right now is the seedlings.  I planted them in a 50/50 mix of Pro-Mix organic and EWC then cut this with about 30% perlite.  The Pro-Mix package suggested a 50% cut with EWC for seedlings so they do not burn.  Well they are definitely burning.  I only water with RO.  The cotyledon are yellow and curled on most of the plants and it is starting to creep up to the rest of the leaves.  The plants growth are also very slow.  Should I flush or wait it out and baby them as they grow slowly?

50/50 mix of promix and EWC for seedlings does not soundlike a good idea to me.  Maybe promix and perlite until the look like little plants, they really only need water for  awhile and are sensitive to strong ferts.  Then you can take the lil plant and stick it in amended soil or whatever and the roots will grow into or you could tea em a lil....

a light flushing couldnt hurt IMHO, Ya hate to transplant sumthin when its sick, but it could well be the soil their in if all is business as normal.... I dunno. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Last time I planted seeds I had a similar issue and only used Pro-mix cut with perlite. This time I figured I would cut the pro-mix 50/50 with EWC and it wouldn't be as hot. Doesn't seem to have worked. I will try a light flush

Here are the ingredients of the Pro-Mix ultimate organic that I am using:

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss - 65-75% by volume, Sea-based Compost - from composted shrimp shells & seaweed, Limestone - for pH adjustment, Perlite, and Mycorise - endomycorrhizae inoculant.

Promix has almost nothing in it nutrient wise far less than EWC if anything. Dont give seedlings nuttin but water till they get established IMHO.

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Flushed all the seedling in red solo cups with 3x their volume of RO water. Also increased fan speed. Today the burning seems to have stopped and plants look better. Thanks guys!

Here are some pics of the Snowcap.  Forgot to check how many days but I think it is around 5-6 weeks.  She is getting some purple in the leaves.  It does get into the high 60's at night so this is prob has something to do with it.  She has a nice lemon smell with a hint of tropical that I have been missing!

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

Looking good...very nice

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Here is a photo of the top of the tent.  I have a 600w Hortilux bulb with no glass.  There is a fan pulling the air from the light and outside of the tent the air exits a carbon filter. 

74bb75a3685b7972df4e1a16af5e0172.jpg

Here are some quick pics I took of the Blue Dream at 50 some days and a Caramelo around a month old. 

6f15fd4b426e8f6593f9240b14d01461.jpg

362d1b71faf619ec56f289a2669f4222.jpg

I have the light all the way to the top of the tent and it is not currently moveable.  I use different height plastic shelves to raise the plants to make a somewhat even canopy. 

Guess i have my cat on my mind. For some reason thought you were making your own cat litter lol. Looking good though.

I can picture a bunch of old cat ladies landing on this page thinking they are going to find out how to make an never ending organic cat litter lol :Devil::image::LMAO:

First, this is a remarkable review you're making for our viewers.  :salute:

How big is the fan? Do you just have one fan going or is there an active intake? When you say..

pulling the air from the light and outside of the tent the air exits a carbon filter.

Is this air exiting the building, or to another area in the house, and how long is the overall length of your exhaust hose?

(I'm asking questions our followers are posing on social network.)

Thanks for the excellent photos and explanations.

I use a Ventech 440 can fan. This is how it goes:

Air in tent is pulled over light > through fan > out tent > 90 degree bend > 6' ducting ending on carbon filter sitting on floor

Air is expelled into the same room tent is in. Door to this room is always open and bringing in fresh air from the basement.

Air intake is passive. In the tent there are two 8"x12" approx. vents at the bottom that i have open always. (They are NOT light proof... Idk why?). In the tent there is a small desktop Honeywell fan on low that pushed air up into the plants and russles the leaves a bit. I'll try to get pics up but my comp isn't cooperating.

These two pics show the passive intakes and the ducting once it leaves the tent.  The big turn in the ducting is not ideal but seems to work for me.

IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

No industry here just one guy growing his own meds.  I am in the midwest.  It is hot and humid right now and will be very cold come winter.  Last year the humidity was killing me during summer but not so bad this year.  I have not had this tent during a winter but I don't imagine any issues. 

I added a 16" fan in one corner to help move air around the area between light and tops of plants.  For the last few days I have had a thermometer right in the middle at plant top level and it has been topping out at 79F which I was happy to see.  I need to get a laser thermometer so then I can just point and get readings. 

I do wish the plants did not get as tall as they did.  The bubblegum and Blue Dream are nearly 6' tall (floor to top).  This was a factor of the flowering closet being full when they were ready and me going on vacation. 

Okay sorry for the delay in updating.

The Blue Dream and Snowcap were each pulled at 68 days, left in dark for 48 hours then hung to dry.  They are almost dry now and will be in jars within the next few days.  I must say that the blue dream is by far the best plant I have ever grown.  Blue Dream is my happy, near perfect medical strain and I am so overjoyed to have it available daily now. 

The Caramelo plants both hermied at nearly the same day (45) as their mother.  I was expecting this and made them both into fresh frozen bubble hash.  My god is it ever delicious.  Smells exactly like the plant does when growing.  I do not think I will ever grow this strain again.  It was  a fun novelty at first but after smelling the deep, musty lavender smell for months it started getting to me and now I no longer like it.  Funny how that works. 

The bubblicious also hermied and chopped and frozen fresh for my next bubble hash run.  The only plant in the flowering closet right now is the Mendo Purp at about 2 weeks.

I have been experimenting with the solvent-less hash lately and absolutely love the bubble bags.  Its like panning for gold.  So much fun.  Pics to come :)