Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

CatManMoo's Perpetual Organic Litter ~

Rate this topic

Pictures from day 30.  This weeks feeding schedule had me lowering the Grow formula in place of the increased Bloom.  They seem to be yellowing pretty quickly at the reduced rate of N.  With at least 30-40 days to go I am thinking of keeping the N up a little longer.  I know leaf color isn't really a big deal but if the plants are starving then they will not produce as much as if they were properly fed.  What do you guys suggest?

IMG_8980.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

IMG_8983.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Snozzberry - This one is starting to show darker purple colors.  Here is what GonzoFarms wrote about a pheno of Snozzberry they have:

Our pheno called Unicorn Shit for it's wide range of colours had a very subtle smell all through flowering and harvest. It had slight hints of sugar and chocolate whle blooming. After a 30 day cure she smells of a full range of berries and the smoke is even more complex. It is like a bowl of fresh berries covered in fine dry sift hash, choosing berries one by one from the bowl. A joint brings berries flavours to your palate one by one until you realize the dominant taste is that of hashish.

snoz.JPG

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Here are some pics from the veg closet.  Things are pretty full.  the left 4 plants are a blue dream and 3 kosher kushes.  On the right are 3 blue dreams, a 3rd dimension and vanilla kush.  I decided to train them as I am not happy with the results I see so far from my untrained/untopped plants in flower. 

IMG_9053.JPG

IMG_9054.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

I need some advice on what to do with my flowering set up.  I am not happy with the light penetration and performance that I am currently getting with the single 600w with glass in a 4x4 tent.  The temps are well under control and I moved the plants closer but at the detriment to the part of the plants on the edges of the grow area.  The middle gets great light but its not getting very deep.  First I will let you guys know what things I have to work with to help remedy the situation. I really want to get a larger tent (4x8) but realize I will just have the same problem until I learn how to maximize the space. 

Available to use:

400w ballast + bulb (Mh + HPS)

LUSH LED Dominator 2xl (using for veg but can use in flower) - decent for veg but I bet a mH or T5 would be better.

Here are two solutions that I came up with:

1) Get a hood w/ glass and add the 400w to the flowering tent.  There is plenty of head space to run them side by side and temps shouldn't be hard to control with a good fan.  This would boost the total wattage to 1000w and increase the overall canopy coverage - (and maybe penetration??)  I looked and there is plenty of space for the ducting to run along side the 600ws. 

-Requires purchase of a hood and fan

2) Throw the Lush LED into the flowering tent next to the 600w HPS and go with a hybrid set up.  Use the 400w mH for veg closet or get t5's. 

-Requires purchase of hood for veg area.

-One con that I see to this is that the LED is supposed to be 18" away from the tops of the plants where as the 600W hps w/ glass should only be a few inches away.  This puts the HPS hood lower than the LED and causes the hood to block light. 

What do you guys think? 

My 400w ballast is a Mh/HPS switchable and I have bulbs for both so I could totally run the mH part of flowering and switch to total HPS.  Great idea thanks!

The only problem with the proposed set up is that I have found that any bend in the ducting dramatically decreases the fans performance.  I am worried that a single fan with all those turns won't keep things cool.  Here is a picture of my current set up and my proposed solution.  Sorry for the poor drawing.. Let me know what you think.

IMG_9064.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

You definitely will have complete control of Every aspect of the tent which would be better. The cool tubes are pretty inexpensive and compact so placement for optimal coverage might be easier is why i suggested it.

Yeah on that build out we did, we had a pretty in depth discussion about flex pipe vs hard pipe for vent and decided from now on we will use hard pipe to keep drag down in the corners.

And you can add a fan inline to boost performancec6e60b4232478172bf42be514ecfeb61.jpg

Have you tried using rigid duct elbows?

duct-elbow.jpg

No I have not!  Today I picked up a Sun Systems yield master hood/glass which is 23" square.  I measured and have about 24 inches to work with when I stuff the 600w hood as far over as I can so it will fit perfect.  To go with it I got a 400w Hortilux HPS and a 6" fan.  I will hopefully have time tonight to put it.  I will take some pics and let you all know how it goes.

No I have not!  Today I picked up a Sun Systems yield master hood/glass which is 23" square.  I measured and have about 24 inches to work with when I stuff the 600w hood as far over as I can so it will fit perfect.  To go with it I got a 400w Hortilux HPS and a 6" fan.  I will hopefully have time tonight to put it.  I will take some pics and let you all know how it goes.

How exciting, I can't wait to see the new setup!

Hanging the new light went pretty seamlessly yesterday.  I am loving the extra light.

One thing that I have found is that the 400w is running hotter than the 600w.... What gives?  I figured smaller light = less heat.  I moved the plants farther away from the light (4-6" to 12") after leaf temp readings at the tops were 83.  With just the 600 I never got a reading in the 80s. 

I have a few guesses but my main guess is that I have the 400w fan pushing the air over the light whereas the 600w fan is pulling air.  I did this on purpose after reading the below passage: 

1. Blow, don't suck.

It is preferable to set up your air-cooled grow light reflectors so that the inline fan is positioned before the reflectors, blowing air through, rather than afterwards, sucking air. Multiple reasons: sucking hot, humid air through your fans will shorten their lifespan—and blowing air through your air-cooled grow light ventilation system creates a positive pressure inside it—meaning that any small leaks merely result in the air spilling out into your garden, to be dealt with by your garden's ventilation system. Sucking, on the other hand, creates a negative pressure which has the potential of bringing unfiltered air from your garden into your air-cooled grow light ventilation system. So remember—blow, don't suck!

I bolded my my major concern.  I am now thinking of switching the fan direction on my other hood after reading that.  I am not filtering this air.  Anyways here are some pics.

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9071.JPG

new.JPG

I noticed that during lights off time the rooms humidity goes from 40 to the mid 60s. Should I start running a dehumidifier at night?

I noticed that during lights off time the rooms humidity goes from 40 to the mid 60s. Should I start running a dehumidifier at night?

Could help. Im going to be picking one up soon as ive got some humidity issues at the moment.

If you have access to a dehumidifier I'd be using it. That or find some other source of fresh air. Lots can go wrong with with humidity issues.

You have a really "dense" forest.

I put a dehumidifier in the room during lights off.  I noticed it heats up the room making the high/low temps to not be too dramatically different.  During lights on humidity is okay and thankfully so as I couldn't deal with the extra heat.  Thanks guys!

With the addition of the new light things are definitely running hotter.  Tent temps are 80-82 at tops.  Still trying to figure out what works but I will get it squared away I am determined.  I did move the light farther away so the tops are 24-36" away. For all of you out there with air cooled hoods + glass, how far away do you keep your lamps from the tops?

I am still trying to figure out my nute schedule and am a little frustrated as my buds don't look all that full and its pretty close to harvest. Sure do smell great with lots of crystals but when I look at other grows of the same stuff my size is way behind.  I know that I cannot compare apples to apples as everyones grow is so different but I know I can do better. 

I think that I am lacking in my P & K's.  I have been following the generic Roots Organic schedule and feeding suggested amounts.  I realized quickly that I had to double the N because the plants were showing signs of deficiency.  I have figured out the N and how to read my plants and give them what they want on that front.  What I wonder is if the plants took that much more N, than does it reason that they might also need higher amounts of other nutes when flowering?  I just feel like my buds are lacking in size and I am not  quite sure what to look for as far as P & K underfeeding/deficiency.  Should I increase the nute levels until I see burn?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Now for some pics.  Here is the full tent and the two cindy99's at day 47.  One is a more sativa dominant "grapefruit/tropical fruit" pheno and the other is the "pineapple" pheno.  The pineapple is especially covered in trichomes and smells like artificial pineapple flavoring.  They will be harvested this sunday as Mosca and just about every other journal suggest pulling this plant at the 52-56 day mark to really get the good head high cindy is known for.  The third plant was pulled at 45 days and is now drying.  It showed some herms so I chopped.  There is chatter of a 45 day pheno of this strain but I do not think that this was it because I might get an oz if I am lucky.   

cind99 fruity.JPG

Cindy99 pineapple.JPG

fulltent.JPG

Next up for your viewing pleasure is Grape Kush at day 47.  There is no grape smell yet just pure, stinky, rotten kush.  Quite a pleasure.  The lowers bud sites on this plant are filling up nicely compared to the other strains I am running which makes me happy. 

grape.JPG

grape1.JPG

Last but not least is the Snozzberry at day 47.  There are two distinct phenos that have emerged from this pack.  These are about 3 weeks out from finish. 

Photo 1/ Purple: Denser buds.  Smells immediately and strongly of lavender.  This turns into a hashy smell and finishes with a sweet smell very similar to Purple Erkle. I don't know exactly how to describe it.

Photos 2& 3/ No Purple: Smells like rotten kush immediately. This turns into the sweet smell reminiscent of purple urkle/GDP.  No lavender smell.  I like that this has no lavender smell.  After growing a strain that was straight lavender (carmelo) I am sick of this smell and do not like it in my weed.  At first it was cool but it makes me kinda nauseous now haha

Pics or it didn't happen:

snozz.JPG

snozzpurp.JPG

snozzpurpe.JPG