Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

CatManMoo's Perpetual Organic Litter ~

Rate this topic

Couldn't find my usually lighter and I remembered your pics w/ the marker :)  Last night I gave the seedlings their first nutes at 1/4 strength.  I am using the full line of Roots Organic bottled nutrients.  They seemed perkier this morning so things are going well.  In the veg under Lush LED are Cindy 99, Sour Tangie, Peach Dream, Snozzberry, and Grape Kush.  The larger pot is GG#4 that is currently in the hospital. 

Close up pic is of a Cindy 99. 

Are those one gallon pots? Where did you buy them from. :) If I may?

691993332dde2ef3521b31d13466cc12.png

Couldn't find my usually lighter and I remembered your pics w/ the marker :) Last night I gave the seedlings their first nutes at 1/4 strength. I am using the full line of Roots Organic bottled nutrients. They seemed perkier this morning so things are going well. In the veg under Lush LED are Cindy 99, Sour Tangie, Peach Dream, Snozzberry, and Grape Kush. The larger pot is GG#4 that is currently in the hospital.

Close up pic is of a Cindy 99.

Are those one gallon pots? Where did you buy them from. :) If I may?

691993332dde2ef3521b31d13466cc12.png

Hey EK I bought black 1 gallon buckets from Dollar tree and drilled holes in the bottom and sides at the bottom they worked like a charm

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I picked mine up at a local hydro store. The new type I got are more rigid and I had to put holes in the bottom center. The r basically big keg cups and shaped much the same. I like the more flimsy type myself as they do not get narrower from top to bottom which I think is better for the roots

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Here are some pics of two different containers, each sold as one gallon pots.  One clearly holds more soil (about 3-4 more solo cups worth).  I like the larger one it is not as rigid, has large holes and more room for the roots. 

IMG_8455.JPG

IMG_8456.JPG

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

I am taking it slow on the nutes but the plants seem extra happy.  I am almost up to full strength for seedlings or about 1/3 strength for the normal schedule.  I am trying not to overdo it.  Seems like I could up it as they are a little lime green. 

After last watering they did not perk back up as much which let me know that it is now time to transplant.  I will be putting them in 3 gallon pots where they will spend the rest of their lives.  Since all of the plants in the flowering tent are now harvested I will be cleaning that room and swapping out the 600w HPS for a 400w MH.  I want to test how the MH veg's plants compared to the LED I have now.  If the MH does do a better job of vegging I will put it into the veg closet and add the LED to the flowering tent. 

IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8526.JPG

Plants have been potted up to 3 gallons.  Today was the first day of foilar feeding.  I sprayed them just before lights on with 1/2 recommended dose of Liquid Serene (kelp extract) from Roots Organics.  I am still working up to full strength nutes but need to pick it up as things are looking a little limey.  So far I am happy with the Roots organics line.  New seeds popped are:

(3)- 3rd Dimension from TGA (I am searching for the Pina Colada pheno - coconut/almond smell/taste)

(3)- Kosher Kush from Reserva Privada

(1)- Vanilla Kush from Barneys (free seed)

(4)- Blue Dream from Dr. Greenthumb - I was not impressed w/ any of the last blue dreams I grew from HSO so I decided to switch it up.

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

When I look thru my weed mags and see their advertisements the vanilla Kush has always stood out to me. I was happy to see it added as a freebie to an order. Online reports are smells of vanilla, lavender and citrus. Some report a vanilla taste which would be interesting.

No matter what I do lately my seedlings are looking shitty and growing slow.  Maybe it's the soil (light warrior)... but its probably me :) I try not to over water (water w/ mister until they feel heavy) and let them dry out for many days, even when they seem very dry.  They tend to end up looking like the close-up.  All the more reason to narrow down a few moms that I can pull cuttings off of. 

Here are some pics of the seedlings. 

IMG_8646.JPG

IMG_8647.JPG

The larger vegging plants are doing well.  Yesterdays watering was 3/4 strength nutes so next watering will be full.  They are growing nice and seem happy.  I am digging the Roots Organic.  I do not know what I have done but the ganja gods have blessed this grow.  Out of 8 regular seeds I got 8 females!!  All plants are showing presex white pistils.  There is also one feminized seed in the mix for 9 mamas.  That makes me a happy moo!

IMG_8640.JPG

IMG_8642.JPG

IMG_8645.JPG

What light do you use for your seedlings ? If you look at my journal and RCMT's you can see the difference that light can make from his Lunar Landing vs mine that were cut the same time I kept mine under low watt diy cob set up since all my lights were in flower mine looks like a teen his is a beast.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Edited by redmud

Seedlings are under a Sunblaze 24 (4- 2' T5's) https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/88815/SUN-960295.html

Vegging plants are under Lush LED Dominator 2x

No I haven't tried a new soil but I think that is my next best option.  They are currently in Fox Farm Light Warrior seed starting soil which is not suppose to have anything in it.  Is there another seed starting soil you would suggest? 

One other  thing I can think of is that I have not been pH balancing the RO that I am watering with.  I figured the ph down citric acid would hurt the plants more than help.  Any thoughts?

I always adjust my ph and when I don't I have problems, most agree with soil that it's not required but I think it helps keep the soil stable, you could try some light nutes or do what I did and pot up with fresh good soil, I got lucky where I live we have soil tailored to the area for cannabis, it's called Emerald Triangle Recipe 420 Blend that I used on my first grow and have been using until it's gone. My new plants are going in my own compost and soil from the woods.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

I transplanted the seedlings into a richer Roots Organic soil last night.  Looking back on my last seeds they crapped about the same time and after I potted up they turned around.  Hoping that is the same with these.  Most of the cups had some roots in the bottom but nothing crazy.  Next seedlings I will experiment with cutting the light warrior 75/25 and 50/50 with the richer soil to see if that helps them.  Otherwise I bleached down the flowering tent and put all the big vegging plants into flower last night :Party:  I'll snap some pics later.

Here are some pics from the flowering tent.  Picture are (2) snozzberry, (1) grape kush and (4) cindy 99.  I need to give more N next watering new growth is looking a little light.  I chose to move the plants closer to the light rather than have the light move closer to the plants so that my ducting stays straight and temps down. 

IMG_8694.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

DAY 10 flowering

Some pics of the flowering tent.  The tall sativa looking plant is one of the Cindy 99s.  I am still feeding high amount of grow fert to combat any yellowing during the stretch.  Plants are getting up closer to the light and I just checked leaf temps with my laser thermometer all were in the 70s so good there. 

I am coming to the realization that I need more room.  Both to flower and veg in.  Thinking of getting a 4x8 tent or making something with panda film and adding another 600w or throwing in the Lush LED i have that is supposed to be equal to a 600w.  We will see the gears are turning just need to figure out what will work.  Space will be tight in the room but is certainly possible.

IMG_8796.JPG

IMG_8798.JPG

IMG_8800.JPG

IMG_8802.JPG

IMG_8804.JPG