Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Theappman

Suggestions for Edible Extract Recipe for Introspection

I got two oz's of trim earlier this week ( 1 sativa, 1 indica) and I want to use it to make edibles for treating my consistent digestive problems throughout the day. I also am super stressed lately and want to get mind bendingly mediated (more so than I could if I smoked) to help guide my way through it.

I have never worked with trim before, but I have done a number of butane oil extractions as well as stove top green dragon. I'm very responsible, and do all blasting/purging outdoors while monitoring with a touchless thermometer until the dangerous levels are extracted.

I was browsing around to refresh my memory about alcohol to plant ratio i a Green Dragon recipe and a lot of people were saying more efficient, but still comparably simple methods are out there. Please don't suggest anything that requires weeks to make, I'm not a fan of these extracts due to all the chlorophyll, and also don't want to wait. My minds all over the place, I just made some huge life changes, like quitting my job, leaving my life behind and moving to cali and I'd like a strong dose to meditate. 

Make some good butter is always my thought when dealing with trim. That or an extract. I know how to make good iso hash and guess the skill would transfer over to ethanol.

Butane is too reactive for me :D

Do you find butter to be efficient at extracting the cannabinoids? I'm no expert, but in the past I have always heard if your going to make edibles cooking oils are better than butter due to higher fat content. Thoughts? Also have you or anyone else heard of any ways to make a tincture easily that are more efficient than green dragon?

Hopefully GREYWOLF will chime in :D,,

Personally I like ice water hash, then you can introduuce that to butter or whatever.  I think its super efficent, safe, cheap, easy and who doesent like a big ol ball of hash around?  :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Make some good butter is always my thought when dealing with trim. That or an extract. I know how to make good iso hash and guess the skill would transfer over to ethanol.

Butane is too reactive for me :D

Do you find butter to be efficient at extracting the cannabinoids? I'm no expert, but in the past I have always heard if your going to make edibles cooking oils are better than butter due to higher fat content. Thoughts? Also have you or anyone else heard of any ways to make a tincture easily that are more efficient than green dragon?

i prefer cooking oils over butter, because they are much easier to work with, and there isn't so much of the oil getting retained/wasted in the leftover plant material. i could go on with a list of other reasons, but i will just leave it at that

Each One, Teach One   :vap_smiley::vap_smiley::vap_smiley:

Hopefully GREYWOLF will chime in :D,,

Personally I like ice water hash, then you can introduuce that to butter or whatever.  I think its super efficent, safe, cheap, easy and who doesent like a big ol ball of hash around?  :D

Ya a big ol ball o hash doesnt sound to bad :)

I ended up making one batch of the trim (indica) into green dragon tonight using everclear via stovetop. I kept the temp generally between 165-172F for 30 minutes, although every now and then due to uneven heating it would hit 175F. The material was decarboxylated at 225F for 45 minutes.

I have never done this with trim before so I am interested to see the dosage. Generally when I did this with second shelf nugs, 1 tablespoon was a good active dose for my friends and average smokers. I on the other hand usually would need 3x as much.

I just took a test dose of 50 ML worth and am waiting to feel the effects :)

Tomorrow I will be making the Sativa oz into green dragon. It will be nice to be able to meter my indica to sativa ratio so exactly for day time treatment of symptoms.Thanks for everyone's advice, I will probably try out the hash next time around, but already had all the gear necessary to do the GD so went that way this time around. Already starting to feel medicated 10 minutes after ingestion.

The last time I made green dragon I used a 1/4 LB and ended up taking 1/10th of it before a flight and was hallucinating high/ burnt out for two days. Hopefully I didnt do myself in this time ;D

No worries, a psychedelic dose with nugs, not trim was twice as much as I just took :D\

Happy toking,

Theappman

37 Minutes in, quite heavily medicated...contemplating doubling down and taking another dose, then with supplementing hash oil and smoked herb. All in all I consider green dragon to be a great use of trim. I paid $25 for an oz of trim, $7.99 for a mesh filter and $22 on everclear that will last another oz of material. I have about 8 strong doses in there, so I'm definitely happy with the cost. $11(everclear) $25(oz trim) = $36 for 8 VERY strong doses of cannabis :D

I can't wait to make the sativa batch tomorrow, this oz actually contained about 3 grams of solid nugs and another 2-3 of tiny bud shake, the rest being trim, so it should be more potent.

Great to hear it!  Sounds good to me man :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.