Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EDDIEKIRK

Hash Skunk Outdoor grow 2015 (now public)

EDDIEKIRK

This is now a public thread. Enjoy.

Message added by EDDIEKIRK

Rate this topic

Neem oil sprayed on the buds may leave an aftertaste, but that is different than neem cake mixed into the soil.  it bolsters the plants systemic defense against pathogens.  I realize that doesn't help you much now being so late in flowering though.

When you get a moment please drop a link to neem cakes? for everyone to see,

Here is a link to some info on neem cake aka neem seed meal.  Its the leftover residue after the seed is pressed for oil

http://whygoodnature.com/neem-cake-for-gardening

this is a link to some good info about powdery mildew itself:

https://www.mastergardeners.org/publications/powderyMildew.html

and here is another link to a thread on Grasscity that is an excellent discussion on the benefits of neem:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/798721-using-neem-systimically.html

ok so now that I have a little more time to research, I found some better information to link to here.  Sorry to hijack your thread EK, but I just wanted to be thorough, and yesterday I was trying to mult-task.

this link is to a research article on the effect of the compounds found in neem on pathongenic fungi.  Azadirachtin is the main component along with a few others.  these are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and insecticidal. 

http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=pjbs.2009.1045.1048

There is a significant amount of azadiractin still present in the pressed cake as noted here:

http://www.natureneem.com/index_fichiers/Neem_Seed_cake.htm

Here is a some very good info:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862-no-till-gardening.html/page-309?do=findComment&comment=21347114

"In this instance, the term cake and meal are interchangeable. Neem seed cake/meal is the dried residue after the oil has been pressed from the seeds.
All parts of the neem tree contain the agent Azadiractin (among 60+ others equally important) that provides a defense against molds, nematodes, leaf-eating insects, et al. This includes the leaves, bark, seeds, roots, branches, etc.
The pressing does not remove all of the oil or the active agents. The Azadiractin level of the meal is generally about 1/3 - 1/2 of the PPM level of the oil that was pressed, i.e. if the neem oil tests out at 1500 PPM for Azadiractin then you could figure that the meal/cakewould come in at 500 PPM - 750 PPM.
The cake is helpful in any type of organic growing environment. It has a solid NPK profile (if you're one of those who subscribes to that paradigm), a complete micro-nutrient component as well as trace elements, phytohormones (Abscisic acid, Auxins, Cytokinins, Ethylene, Gibberellins) Vitamin C, citric acid, saponin, et al. providing improved conditions for the nitrification process, preventing root rot and other anaerobic-related problems like root aphids, gnats, etc. 
The neem seed cake also triggers a plant's defenses through a number of agents it contains resulting in systemic defense against the invasive powdery mildew issues. 
The meal/cake can also be used to make an effective tea during those times of the grow/flower cycle where using the neem oil may not be the best option. 1/2 cup of neem seed meal/cake and 1/4 cup of kelp meal along with 1 tsp. of liquid silica into 5 gallons of water and then bubbled/brewed for 18 - 24 hours. This can be used to irrigate the plants as well as applying as a foliar spray."

this link is to a research article on the effect of the compounds found in neem on pathongenic fungi.  Azadirachtin is the main component along with a few others.  these are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and insecticidal. 

http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=pjbs.2009.1045.1048

There is a significant amount of azadiractin still present in the pressed cake as noted here:

http://www.natureneem.com/index_fichiers/Neem_Seed_cake.htm

Here is a some very good info:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862-no-till-gardening.html/page-309?do=findComment&comment=21347114

"In this instance, the term cake and meal are interchangeable. Neem seed cake/meal is the dried residue after the oil has been pressed from the seeds.

All parts of the neem tree contain the agent Azadiractin (among 60+ others equally important) that provides a defense against molds, nematodes, leaf-eating insects, et al. This includes the leaves, bark, seeds, roots, branches, etc.

The pressing does not remove all of the oil or the active agents. The Azadiractin level of the meal is generally about 1/3 - 1/2 of the PPM level of the oil that was pressed, i.e. if the neem oil tests out at 1500 PPM for Azadiractin then you could figure that the meal/cakewould come in at 500 PPM - 750 PPM.

The cake is helpful in any type of organic growing environment. It has a solid NPK profile (if you're one of those who subscribes to that paradigm), a complete micro-nutrient component as well as trace elements, phytohormones (Abscisic acid, Auxins, Cytokinins, Ethylene, Gibberellins) Vitamin C, citric acid, saponin, et al. providing improved conditions for the nitrification process, preventing root rot and other anaerobic-related problems like root aphids, gnats, etc. 

The neem seed cake also triggers a plant's defenses through a number of agents it contains resulting in systemic defense against the invasive powdery mildew issues. 

The meal/cake can also be used to make an effective tea during those times of the grow/flower cycle where using the neem oil may not be the best option. 1/2 cup of neem seed meal/cake and 1/4 cup of kelp meal along with 1 tsp. of liquid silica into 5 gallons of water and then bubbled/brewed for 18 - 24 hours. This can be used to irrigate the plants as well as applying as a foliar spray."

Mr_Burns.jpg

Excellent

eacd30155cf38fd49c99fcf702b0bbf6.png

friends-of-pif.gif

My image server is working slow tonight. I'll throw more photos up as they come in.

Taken tonight

23589cbdb9b8f8797e610d80ca6c63ab.jpg

0583be1536a2d766efd5fcb7165b23a7.jpg

I sure hope you weren't visited by thieves!  I can't wait to see the results!

It was visited by someone. They did not get in, Instead of waiting for the inevitable we've decide it better to have something rather than nothing,

Thanks everyone who watched and participated in this grow.

Join us here on the site and learn to grow.

Didn't You Have Teens Of This Strain For Giveaways ? Sure Wish I Would Have Got One.

You Shouldn't Have Any Regrets My Dear Friend. Just Look At Your Trichomey Fingers...

Rosin Anyone ? I Would Have Toked Your Fingers Off To The Bones Haha !!! You Also Kicked Them Up

A Large Notch With That Wonderful Budswel ! I Just Love It Too ! BTW, Very Sweet Box Of Colas You Have Kind Sir.

'Somebody's Smoking That Weed' LOL ! I So Remember This Grow !

Thanks Very Much For Sharing... Much Peace, Botany And One Love... Sincerely, BW

I did have teens of this plant. Sadly this is the last year we'll be growing this strain. We have no clones or seeds of this plant. :) Somerandomguy pointed out to me that this plant was actually a Hawaiian Skunk and seeds can be found online. 

Our next grow will be indoors, and one of TW8/1 strains

Thanks for following. 

Very VERY Nice... And I Thought You Told Me You Weren't Gonna Grow LOL !

At First... I Was Sad And I Felt That Feeling Of Getting Too Old To Grow... But Brother You Surprised The Heck Out Of

Me For Sure ! They're Stack'in Super Well Like Some Of I Believe Sister Purp's Lazers ! Oh Bro, That Should Get You Both

Through The Holidays And I Hope A Lot Further ! Here's. A Toast To ALL Of You Mighty Fine Professional Growers ! FITH/CHEERS ! Sincerely, BW. 

1 minute ago, Brother Will said:

Very VERY Nice... And I Thought You Told Me You Weren't Gonna Grow LOL !

At First... I Was Sad And I Felt That Feeling Of Getting Too Old To Grow... But Brother You Surprised The Heck Out Of

Me For Sure ! They're Stack'in Super Well Like Some Of I Believe Sister Purp's Lazers ! Oh Bro, That Should Get You Both

Through The Holidays And I Hope A Lot Further ! Here's. A Toast To ALL Of You Mighty Fine Professional Growers ! FITH/CHEERS ! Sincerely, BW. 

This is from 2015 :D

We did grow this year.