Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MoorlandMoss

First time No-til grow. Cinderella99 and Nepelese Jamaican

Rate this topic

Worms have been introduced from here http://unclejimswormfarm.com/

They specify their products to be mite and pest free.

The soil has had microbial teas applied and had over two weeks to 'cook'

The worms are thriving.

DSC01713.jpg

No-til pointers and inspirations here...

KushSYNdicates' no-til video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UldIFFjsi24

Mendo dopes buddies video on no-til. Very extensive and in-depth introduction to these methods by some time generous people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbBjO4kRknw

Emerald cup 2013 panel on getting past the bottles..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNItE-b6XvE

The Rev, How to use true living organics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NampsFKlR58

Terranova's Omni Natural thread (PIF)

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/12043-living-soil-cannabis-omni-naturals/

Popeyes Oregon Organic Elites thread (PIF)

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/11739-oregon-organic-elites/

Emerald cup 2014 Cannabis Specific Cultivation Practices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwrf76CaAg

Emerald cup 2013 Breeding Healthy genetics...DJ Short is on the panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcE1RQF1XkQ

Free Weed podcast 79 ..DJ Short is on the panel.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/free-weed-episode-79

Edited by moorlandmoss

I'm learning and always willing to learn more. I'm always willing to share what I've been taught by others. I grow in Vegan-Living-soil and use Feminist principles in my growing and Landrace breeding projects. (I can help you fix your vintage W123 Mercedes.)

cover photo.jpg

Edit..the name of the grower in Mendo dope's video is 'Minnesota Nice'

Watching and listening to this guy really helped me understand a great deal..indebted with gratitude.

PIF. I'm happy to answer questions.

I'm learning and always willing to learn more. I'm always willing to share what I've been taught by others. I grow in Vegan-Living-soil and use Feminist principles in my growing and Landrace breeding projects. (I can help you fix your vintage W123 Mercedes.)

cover photo.jpg

looking forward to watching this grow log....great soil mix and plan....nice strains as well

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Edit:for the pic's not showing above

The stems look identical due to unifrom LST.

C99#1cut parent

DSC01733_1.jpg

C99#2cut parent

DSC01729_1.jpg

cover photo.jpg

Is there eventually a time when the no-till pot has to be refreshed with soil.  I was thinking that the old roots from plants past would eventually get in the way of the new growth.  Is this not the case?  I am interested :Nerd:

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Old roots are the best thing ever.

I'm not sure of the terms...but the old root structure can somehow be utilized by the new roots so they develop quicker and benefit from the previous plants roots work in finding food and microbial life.

The soil is continually being fed and is alive....I'm looking forward to the richness of these pots in 6 mths....in a few years I think they would be a teeming cauldron of earthy goodness that provides plentiful harvests.

It is a pleasure to smell the grow now because it's like hanging out in one of our Forests.

Edited by moorlandmoss

cover photo.jpg

Thin mulch layer applied. I have a male plant I keep around to keep the females hormonal happier. He also provided a lot of the mulch layer I just applied.

DSC01738.jpg

Peeling back the mulch reveals this.

DSC01739.jpg

Going an inch or so below the soil surface.

DSC01742.jpg

cover photo.jpg

The C-99 is an easy grow.  Fastest sativa dom out there that is worth growing. (there is one that is supposed to be done in 45 day, but they lie)

Now your Nepelese, that is another story. She is probably going to be a 12-16 week in flower plant, but I'm very interested in seeing how they turn out.

karmic_debt2.jpg

22222.jpg

Keeping the male around will only cause problems.  You don't want the females "Hormonally Happy" unless your goal is seeds.

It is the craving for the male hormones that causes the plants to produce resin.  The more they crave it, the more resin produced.

The more resin produced, the better the meds.

Oh, and be cautious doing LST on sativa doms. They don't take as kindly to it as the indica, and some strains will throw Hermies from it.

karmic_debt2.jpg

22222.jpg

Oh the sweet, sexy resin.  Never heard about hermies from training sativas.  Might explain the couple I have found in my sativas.  Good stuff

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Keeping the male around will only cause problems.  You don't want the females "Hormonally Happy" unless your goal is seeds.

It is the craving for the male hormones that causes the plants to produce resin.  The more they crave it, the more resin produced.

The more resin produced, the better the meds.

Oh, and be cautious doing LST on sativa doms. They don't take as kindly to it as the indica, and some strains will throw Hermies from it.

Karr just so you get an idea of where my approach is based and why I totally agree with everything you are saying, but my goals are different I feel to the type of approach you are referring too. But thank you for the advice...and for others it will be much more relevant than me.... so there is not a word you wrote I don't think is perfectly sound and great advice....(there can't be any misunderstanding there right? :Praying: :Big Grin: )

so paraphrasing some elements of my influence in the cannabis world...

"the original Mexican,Thai,Panama,Colombian field sativa's were all seeded..."

"..all we can hope for is to try and capture that sativa landrace grown in a sweet spot with its clear headed and comfortable effects..."

"....I've found that, and I can't explain it, but the cannaboid/terpene profile seems wider, better, the effect more pronounced in the feminine influence on me when there is a male plant present"

"...I purposely now seed every plant because I find it helps with the ....."

etc..etc all things I've heard from DJ Short.

I need a guiding light in this journey and of all the growers, breeders, cultivators, I have so far been able to access this is the only person who comes close to caring about this very important issue for me which is, the Feminine and Cannabis.

With all that being said, I will take a female plant who isn't craving a male so much, if that craving for him reduces her power to be her.

Is she happy if she is producing more resin in desperation, or because she is not "hormonally happy"?****

Even without anthropomorphizing to much, it stands out that if the approach is in regard to the cultivation of the Feminine, that stress induced for a purpose that negates the feminine influence is counter intuitive. To have induced stress that hampers the Feminine effect/influence for what may be the difference of an extra 1oz or 2oz's or 3oz's per plant that doesn't register with me as important at all.

Quality of the medication being my number one concern and that specifically relates to this feminine aspect...all other things are logistics. 

continuing the rant......

There is absolutely nothing, anywhere, I have ever read that would equate greater yield with better med's. If that's what you mean by "more resin, better meds"...(but I doubt that is what you mean literally ;-) )

Although, I'd much rather have 10oz's instead of 2oz's...I'm not chasing numbers of any kind...but, again, I totally would offer the exact same advice as you have to me, if I thought somebody was doing and trying a regular type of grow...

I don't mean that pretentiously, I'm not sprinkling magically pixie dust gathered from woodland dances with nymphs and forest dwelling creatures over my plants, and fertilizing with the ashes of burned ladies underwear and protest signs..

I'm literally cultivating the Feminine as I understand 'it' and that's my approach.

excuse my tirade, I hope you get the conversational tone. I follow your grows and have gotten a lot of help from you.

I have a test plant nep/jam in the later stages of flower.  She is at day 61 of flower. Harvest window I'm expecting to open around day 70 and run for 7-21 further days.  Information regarding their flowering time is very varied.

***** re:typo's ,spelling etc, I have to use a combination of two keyboards to post and the amount of time it would take to fix each typo is too much...sticky broken keyboards x2 equal screwed up spelling :Devil:

Edited by moorlandmoss

cover photo.jpg

That's corn growing. Quick growth and root development. They will be used for mulching when the growth gets too high.

DSC01743.jpg

The top layer of soil is coming along nicely.

DSC01745.jpg

cover photo.jpg

"There is absolutely nothing, anywhere, I have ever read that would equate greater yield with better med's. If that's what you mean by "more resin, better meds"...(but I doubt that is what you mean literally ;-) )"

Correct. When I say more resin, better meds, I mean more tricomes per inch, not more bulk.

karmic_debt2.jpg

22222.jpg

so...the grow continued.

Health issues.

computer issues (resolved about 5 mins ago).

I can show some pictures hopefully so there is a finale of a sort.

Couldn't keep up on the posts.

The nep jams never took off. I had popped cuttings in the soil and hoped for the best.

The 2 cinderellas did amazing, but totally different.

one produced a top cola the size of my fist (I'm tall)..the other produced airy long nugs where even the top colas weren't significantly bigger.

Also, the giant colas took nearly 2 weeks longer to mature.

I will try and get some pics up and a proper smoke report. Soil pictures. The bushes that are currently growing in no til 15 gal pots.

etc.

cover photo.jpg

15 gallon smart pot. NepJam. Approx 55 days flower at 13/11.

5ad7d204-98fb-4ca7-9e62-02188698b3b1.jpg

This bud shot isn't indictive of the trichrome maturity. The leaves have been trimmed back in prep. She is been given sun and low temp before harvest.

DSC01792.jpg

Worms and bug life is thriving. The mulch layer is approx 3 inches deep. Oat and orchard grass. Leaf cuttings. Local fauna.

DSC01799_1.jpgDSC01797.jpg

Blue dream harvest was grown the same way. She darkened up a lot with the cold.

DSC01784_1.jpg

popcorn buds, microwave dried...yup. Still smoke smooth and with potency. The blue dream is too strong for me, and I'm not keen on how the plant grows. The Nep Jam is great.

cover photo.jpg

Looks like some primo stuff nice work!  Nepalese Jamaican sounds like such a sweet mix.  Sorry if I missed it but where was the blue dream from?  Clone or seed? 

The Blue dream was from seed via the Humboldt seed company.

The Nepelese Jamican is from Ace seeds. I've written and asked them some very specific questions about strains, breeding and such was totally surprised by how engaged they are and willing to advise people. Can't speak too highly of them because of that and their products of course.

The NepJam is what turned me on a lot to growing...the effects are as described and I'm so happy to have a nice harvest from this one plant...it has taken mths and mths and mths....sorry I'm still relatively new to this and Im starting to appreciate a lot of the adivce I've been given or have read on here and in other places (this is the limit and extent of anything approaching social media for me).

I will get some more pictures up soon as I think the Nep Jam is closing to ripeness and the blue dream buds are about to be jarred up.

I have nothing against cloning, but I'm hoping to grow cosistently from seed.

cover photo.jpg

first layer...

DSC01812.jpg

Scratching just below this...the bugs and worms scurry too quickly for me to catch.

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

The loam of the soil is fine and granular...holding moisture without being clumpy...fine smell of forest floor and hedgerow.

cover photo.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01808.jpgDSC01811_1.jpgDSC01807_1.jpg

Seems like a huge harvest too me..

The buds are overall very dense. Their is a noticeable difference in the buds from one of the secondary branches, it seems the plant never adjusted fully to the change in priorities when the canopy was made. The secondary branches buds are smaller and less impressive (amazing still though). That happened because I under estimated how big she would get and had to bend branches in the first third of flowering and I like to limit that general time for pruning and cleaning up, not stressing her.

I have no idea of the yeild weight and at no time will be measuring it, but I'd guess dry weight will be around 7 or 8 ozs ++(easily 4 mason jars). Popped the ruler down so there is a visual point of reference. But, I've no idea how long this plant vegged or flowered.

She was such a nice plant to grow. Just nice...there does seem to be a difference in 'personality'/character between strains. The NepJam and Bluedream (I grew) have different requirements as far as fertilizing, that's just a fact. They have a noticeable difference in resistance to nasty bugs and mold, and generally the NepJam is happy with little nursing. The Bluedreams I had all seemed susceptible to things in general, ie, I prefer my grow room to have a greater temp swing than the max recommended of 20 degrees F, because the plants will stretch more (I prefer that) and that is what happens to the temps here so my plants have to harden up to that...but the Bluedream has more of a tendency to wilt with the temp' change. That's what I noticed in my very specific situation.

The nutrient requirements, between say a landrace whatever compared to some Skunk,northern lights, haze, kush..more commercially grown plant may mean that certain strains lend themselves better to this no-till approach.

The Bluedream as I understand it will have a higher tolerance to higher nutirent levels compared to a less commercial crop like the NepJam. My method of growing is going to suit plants that have minimal fertilizer requirements. I can't remember who I heard say that you have to consider the strains genetics in terms of potential with the degree of nutrients they get, but I think it was the Rev.  With "my" growing method a plant that is considered a lower yeilder than a Bluedream did far better overall and I'm totally sure produced more buds...I think that's an example of the genetic tendencies of the plant.  I harvested the Bluedream grown the same way recently and have that fresh point of reference.

I've considered using my remaining bottle organic nutrients on another grow so I can do a side by side comparison, but that seems like a waste of a plant and that it would only confirm what's already known. Bottles, bigger yeild, poorer taste/flavour in comparison.

cover photo.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

cover photo.jpg

HSO is the same blue dream that I am growing out.  I am thinking about ordering Dr. Greenthumbs for comparison but have enjoyed the HSO blue dream so far.