• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

Brazilian Bag Seed

Rate this topic

Now this one has me excited!!  I just got back from a trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The bud I received down there was compressed into a brick, a lot like some of the mexi you see here in the US.  After smoking it the effects were sativa for sure!  I wouldn't be surprised if this was close to 100% sativa.  The high instantly fills up your head like a balloon and just when you are waiting for the air (high) to come out of the balloon and travel down the rest of your body it simply stays up in the balloon of your head.  LOL  best way I can describe it. 

I forgot that I had them in water and they ended up staying submerged for 5-6 days.  The third never opened and was a dud once placed in soil.  Now I am just hoping one is a female!!!

IMG_6409.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Very cool terranova.  I LOVE Brazil.  I am actually a dual citizen (American and Brazilian) as I was born in Sao Paulo but have American parents.  I have lived most of my life in the US but travel back frequently.  Glad to have you on board!!

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Very cool terranova.  I LOVE Brazil.  I am actually a dual citizen (American and Brazilian) as I was born in Sao Paulo but have American parents.  I have lived most of my life in the US but travel back frequently.  Glad to have you on board!!

That is way crazy. I was born up in the Amazon state in the city of Manaus but lived in Rio half my time in Brazil...I'm dual as well.

You still speak Portuguese or..?

TN

Beans just popped and its already interesting!  I got my passport, lets go guys!  :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

[quote name="CatManMoo" post="106536" timestamp=

That is way crazy. I was born up in the Amazon state in the city of Manaus but lived in Rio half my time in Brazil...I'm dual as well.

TN

How cool I have always wanted to go to the Amazon!! It's on my bucket list! Sim eu falar um pouco de Português... I moved down there for a year and a half when I was 21 and picked it up. Not fluent but I can get by. Those were some of the craziest times of my life!

[quote name="CatManMoo" post="106536" timestamp=

TN

How cool I have always wanted to go to the Amazon!! It's on my bucket list! Sim eu falar um pouco de Português... I moved down there for a year and a half when I was 21 and picked it up. Not fluent but I can get by. Those were some of the craziest times of my life!

Muito legal conhecer voce aqui nesse forum. Estou guardando uma graninha pra comprar sementes da landrace do amazonas. :) Bem barato, $28 por dez.

When I get a few packs of the landrace I'll dig through them but I'll need 300 beans or so so its a big buy.

I'm still very much fluent man idk if I could live with myself if I wasn't haha :)

TN

Sweet I would love to get my hands on some amazonas landrace!  What do you think of the Brazilian bud?  I have never personally got anything down there that wasn't bricked and seedy/stemy. I'm sure its around but I didn't have access to it.  One time I got some "skunky" but it was bricked the same way and I couldn't tell a big difference besides a more fresh/skunky smell.  TBH this bag seed that I have growing is the best bud I have ever received down there.  

Sweet I would love to get my hands on some amazonas landrace!  What do you think of the Brazilian bud?  I have never personally got anything down there that wasn't bricked and seedy/stemy. I'm sure its around but I didn't have access to it.  One time I got some "skunky" but it was bricked the same way and I couldn't tell a big difference besides a more fresh/skunky smell.  TBH this bag seed that I have growing is the best bud I have ever received down there.  

Just like anywhere where its super illegal most of the access ppl have will be to bunk like that. But the cool thing is, you have one bean. Assuming that's not a mutagen and you can grow her out it should be interesting. Hopefully more of a drug cultivar with the hollow stems, and sturdier side branching that produce.

Brazilian is actually excellent bud, definitely sativa landraces up towards the equatorial areas.

TN

A little update.  One is looking mutant and the other seems to be doing okay.  Hopefully the normal one is a female :Praying:

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6449.JPG

The mutant plant seems to have topped itself and now is growing two main stems :)  I am going to be looking to transplant the larger plant in the next few days to a 1 gallon pot.  Other than that they seem to be doing well.

Here are a few pics:

DSC_1141.JPG

DSC_1142.JPG

DSC_1144.JPG

Yesterday I transplanted the plants into 1 gallon containers with the bottom 1/4 filled with recycled super soil.  They seemed a little shocked this morning from the transplant but they we also super dry and wilted when I did it.

Plants are starting to grow again after the transplant.  I am not sure why they got so crunchy this time as the roots should not have been near any hot soil.  I think there may have been some residue from the General Organics nutes I mixed up and gave a plant the day before using the same watering jug.  Oh well at least they are improving.

IMG_6499.JPG

IMG_6500.JPG

I really enjoy seeing your grow journals, I'm also surprised at the verity of plants you grow. Have you found any your going to grow on a regular basis or do you like changing them up?

The node spacing on you're plants is always so close together, I'm curious what kind of lights you're using in veg?

I am still in search of the perfect medical strain for myself. I have not found her yet so I am trying to grow as many different kinds as possible. Closest I have found is blue dream. I just got a new batch of beans with Blue Dream, c99, snowcap (a personal top 10), animal cookies and a Brazilian Amazon landrace :)

The plants got moved to the vegging cabinet which has a 400w mh. They start their lives in a separate cabinet under a 4 bulb set up of 2' t5s. I used to veg under the t5 and the go right to HPS and flower but the addition of the flowering tent and LED has freed up the mh for me to veg under

Sounds great moo, in my mind 1000 watt HPS/MH are all you need for anything except clones, then a couple t-8 four footers from lowes with cheap bulbs work great!  I personally wouldnt consider anything else until the LED lights reach a better long term price point.

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

DAY 92 FLOWER

Sorry for the absent journal.  Life has been extra busy!! 

Yes you read that one right.  Day 92 flower or just over 13 weeks with no signs of ambers!  Probably let her go 16 weeks :)  She is starving for N and has been for a while but at this point I think it is past correction.  Just in the last week or two she has started to find her fragrance.  It reminds me of Jack Herer without the sharp lemon notes.  A sample that I dried and smoked had my head way up in the clouds with a heady sativa high that just soared.  Also within the last week the trichome production is really just starting.  She is fox tailing a little and all the bids are kind of growing up straight.  Here are some pics:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

Also I'll add that the flowering plants are now flowering under a 600w Hortilux bulb, no glass :dance:   LED is now for veg. 

Rock em with no glass MOO! :D  Show people ya can! Love that action.  That foxtailed bud could be due to heat or you might have some sativa plants! : IMHE loose flufffy buds means soaring mind expanding smoke, and I like that no matter what anyone thinks of the density :D

If I keep my house at 72 the temp in the flower tent does not get above 78.  If I do not cool my house to the 72 the temps get to about 83.  I just keep A/C on when lights are on and everything runs smooth. 

Funny thing is that the Lush LED is actually much hotter in the 2.5'x5' veg closet than the cooled 400w MH or HPS were.  It does veg plants very nice tho just didn't work in flower for me. 

Sorry to hear the light didn't work out for ya man.   That sucks.  A air cooled 400 watter is pretty darn easy to cool though, I can believe it..  Sooo will ya take $5 for the light, i mean it is used! :LOL: jkjk man

DAY 101 FLOWER

14-1/2 weeks and till no ambers to be found.  The lower buds are starting to bulk up a bit.  They are all shaped like spears.  I have been reading some equatorial sativas can flower 16-24 weeks....  I will be making some flowering tea today for the other plants.  Should I feed it to this plant as well?  I only worry it could effect taste if she is ready next week.