Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bigpapa

best and easiest indoor system

i'm just plain stupid when it comes to indoor growing except for vegging to put outdoors. i need to know what system would work best for me. Hydro or Aero? What maker or can i construct my own?

i don't have a lot of energy but i will do my best to grow my own. i do well with outdoor because i grow purely organic, no chemicals but this is different but i need an indoor back up.

i appreciate the knowledge that is here and i thank you for pointing this old man in the right direction. 

i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

I don't know anything about Hydro or Aero. I'm strictly a soil guy. If I can help there I will.

ps

I should know in the next ten days if these clones take, Then i'll have some ready for you to take.

I am not the most experienced grower, but I have had some success with Hydro.  I recommend finding what works best for you, and going with that.

I have seen some very nice pre-made Aeroponic systems, but I could never afford any of them.  

Personally, I like to craft my own hydro systems out of storage totes.  They usually perform pretty well, as long as you keep your pH in range, and has lots of bubbles in the reservoir.  

Each One, Teach One   :vap_smiley::vap_smiley::vap_smiley:

My first questions would be what size lights do you have to work with, and how much space?  This really will affect a lot of what you can do, and what you can expect.

Garden of Dreams
In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.
The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
     ~Abram L. Urban

we have two Dominator LEDs  6- 600 what MH/HPS. 4 1000 wat Metal Halide and Several banks of 8 bulb T5s. So we have lots of different sytems. Three separate rooms. One will be a mother i will care for them. Bill will do the indoor because i cannot afford that much on electricity and then i will be growing in the ground and in a bunch of pots. i will be constructing hoop huts around all the outdoor when those buds get as long as my arm and so solid. Beautiful and to lose most of them to bud mold last year really hurt me because my friend the plants would be fine. We learn by our mistakes. i never grew in this wet moldy climate before. it's a different alright.

i will learn. yeah, i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

Hey bigpapa

With you being new to indoor growing to the point of harvest (if I understood correctly)....

As for the easiest, simplest indoor method.....you've got space and equipment so it's coming down to the medium? (again if I understood correctly....Hydro or "X" method?)

I'm just going to jump over the fence and say...Smart pots 15 gallon per plant...following a no-til approach (my grow thread has my recipe, Terranova has a thread up with a soil recipe..the only curical element not often stated in recipes is to avoid perlite and use lava rock instead for the longevity and functionality of the medium to drain)...

After you have one of these pot's going you basically approach it the same way you would with your outdoor garden....mulch...compost...worms....areated teas. When harvest comes you clip the plant at the base of the stem very importantly leaving the roots in the soil...then you pop in your new plant....just like an outside raised NO-TIL/permaculture vegatable bed.

Very...very straighforward really if you are use to growing outdoor veggies. I hope you don't mind me saying I think this is the best approach...and what I would suggest...I could prattle on about how and why I got to this perspective...but I'll let this be my cue to shut up now ;-)

EDIT: and this is the hydro forum but it seemed your question is more than that to me...

Edited by moorlandmoss

I'm learning and always willing to learn more. I'm always willing to share what I've been taught by others. I grow in Vegan-Living-soil and use Feminist principles in my growing and Landrace breeding projects. (I can help you fix your vintage W123 Mercedes.)

cover photo.jpg

it's all good my friend and i believe i am going to stick with what i know best. DIRT! And we will be growing in the same 17 gallon pots we grew in last year. THey produced quite well and with our pure organic method of nute applications we should be doing just as well if not better than last year.....

Thanks again for every ones input. i'll shut up now. big papa

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

bigpapa, sorry i didn't get back on here quicker, but I've been crazy busy, you know how life gets. If you'd like to send me a PM, or email, I think it's on my profile, I'll get you access to my Google drive. I've got a video you may want to watch that may change your mind on hydro, and I've got an ebook copy of an old book that i think would be right up your alley. I was saving the book to spring that style(the one in the book) on you guys when I make it out there. But it looks like that time frame has been bumped way out :-(  so I'll share the knowledge early if you'd like

Peace

Garden of Dreams
In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.
The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
     ~Abram L. Urban

If i were you for a basic setup id just use mulch. Easy to manage and water. No weird system to use that i don't understand yet :D Cfls can go a long way if you use them right. And they are cheap and easy to setup with light socket extensions.