• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bigpapa

wax/ear wax help!!!!!

could some one help me with finding a full length video of how to make a great home made wax. i've never done this and i see so many different videos out there, which one is best? i was given a DabStix and i love this vape!!

i need pain killer level meds which i do not possess at this time and can't afford to pay attention and go to a dispensary. The prices here are higher than the top shops in California. Greed, definitely greed is the factor. StonedRanger and i will be taking almost everything in the harvest and making his famous oil and i want dome personal for my DabStix... 

Any one here know which video is the one that will teach me the proper and SAFE way to make wax. For a sick old man to use. Thank you for your support

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

There are plenty of instructions and pictures on isopropyl, ethanol and butane on here in extraction forums

if you are serious about extracting yourself, you should pick up a vacuum chamber and a vacuum pump.

Research the solvents and find one you feel comfortable using. I personally like usong drinking quality 190 proof ethanol.

definitely want as natural as possible. Nothing's simple aye? Gotta have equipment to do pretty much any extraction process.... Thanx for bumping the thread Will and thank you P8 for the informative advice. Yup, i'll need a video and we'll see what it looks like to see if i will proceed. i don't have a lot of money to work with, so if the equipment needed is too much, mama ain't gonna let me spend that kind of money and i'll just have to save a few dollars a month and get some at an over priced shop. No more than i use, i do like my Dabber on a bad night. Being curled up in pain.... you have no idea, i wish it on no man.

i have often thought of stopping the juicing and cannabis infused coconut oil treatment and just giving up the fight. i often wonder why am i fight so hard to live in pain? Then my wife hits me. If you ever met MOWW, you would love her too.... i've survived almost 8 yrs past the doctor's predictions... Makes me so happy to see the looks on some of their faces. But i'm not smiling because of what i live with. i wish i could be more involved with all the cannabis sites like i used to. But after the first round of lymphoma, i have never been the same. It's even hard to hold the phone on a long phone conversation with Clinton and other old friends.

If anything happens to me i will all of my original sayings, slogans.... what ever they may be to our Brother Will, can't take em with me ya know. There all yours brother. Like they'll make you rich, i hope they do!! lol

yeah, i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

Are you trying to make oral meds or meds to vape and inhale?

190 proof ethanol like everclear is safe to extract with and to inhale. If you follow the link in the extraction page for QWET done by graywolf and skunkpharm, they've outlined the simplest extraction step by step.

Put your 190 proof in a mason jar in the freezer,

take a seperated mason jar and break up your meds into dime sized pieces into it, place it in the freezer.

after 24 hours of freezing, mix the alcohol into the med jar and swirl the mixture. Cap it and return to the freezer for a total time once you've mixed of 3 minutes. Uncap and filter.

pour into a dish that you can scrape and let it dry, Either in a hot water bath, electric fan or by the air.

Also, I do not ever recommend butane outside of a closed loop extractor. Everyone keeps blowing themselves up all in the intent of saving money.

it costs about 1650 dollars for a safe extraction unit.

Alcohol is the way I will always recommend. Isopropyl is fine as long as you purge it all off in a vacuum.

Ethanol is safe as soon as its dry, but will taste better after vacuum purging.

Can't find a video that is decent, so I'll outline it for you. Its very simple.

what you need:

two mason jars

bottle of 190 proof everclear.

metal strainer (for the big chunks)

coffee filter (for the fine particles)

glass dish (for evaporation)

Razor blade to scrape the goodness.

4 steps. Freeze, mix, strain/filter, evaporate.

(You can let it sit out on your counter for a few days and it will be dry.)

Notes:

the colder the better,

keep the time under 3 minutes when mixing.

you need about 1 ounce of alcohol per 1 gram of bud.

you can wash the same bud twice to get it all.

Jeez, it doesent have to be this complicated, for all my ear wax I just use these. http://www.qtips.com/

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

i appreciate the help. It's always best to go to the expierienced. We old farts don't know everything ya know. i'm not above prayer nor learning something new everyday for knowledge is power. The power to help others less fortunate....Patients helping patients, with no thought of gain.

Thank you for the wisdom... God bless

your lil bud, big papa

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

offdababa... how uncomplicated is it? really... i've never made wax but i have made bho. My glass tubes came up missing from my daughter's friends who never return anything to now, i really don't have anything to process anything. And must save to rebuild what was lost. And this wax is a nice treat and a helpful sleep aid. Except this last batch i bought, reeked of butane I HATE THAT!! i wish..... it's not like i can take it back.  And the reason i want to make my own. yeah, i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

i have a dear brother who was worried about me making my own and after harvest i'm taking my material to him. God bless good men with experience aye? No worries folks, it's all taken care of. How much wax could i end up with using 3-4 lbs of bud? More like 3 lbs....

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

I dont think so at all P8,  I hope my q-tip joke did not offend you, I was just trying to add a little humor.  I learn from GW and your posts about extaction myself, so I am certainly not throwin stones. :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Haha thanks for the pick me up offdababa!

I certainly enjoyed the q-tip ear wax humor.

its just a bummer that everyone thinks good concentrates are beyond their reach because they believe bho is the pinnacle.

Its chock full of harsh plant wax, yields less, and has a tendency to blow up those who become lackadaisical with their process.

not that it doesnt have its place, I just believe that place is with professionals with the $1700 closed system extractor.

You can make the finest quality shatter with 70-99 percent purity with alcohol.

The wax your buying is probably between 40 and 65 percent thc, This is because the remaining percent is plant wax. Further refining can be done on bho with ethanol to remove the plant waxes via winterization.

Working with alcohol at room temperature is as safe as a bartending job.

Thanks man, great information! 

Well I learned something anyhow, LOL, and it will be here in the future for many others to learn from, and I like it. :D 

I guess my knowledge is wasted here.

P8... why would you think such a thing?!? You did not waste anything, you passed knowledge. i asked a question. You were very kind in explaining your process. If you suffer as i do, you would understand my concern on doing it right and safely, i learn best from watching another. The man who offered to teach me lives an hour and a half away and i'm willing to suffer a little so that i can help others... if you would had offered the same, you and i would be sitting across from one another, passing the pipe..... and maybe we still can... peace my friend

Edited by bigpapa

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

Papa, I can tell you it would be a hideously long (days) drive for P8 to swing by to give your help, Im sure if he was within your region he would be happy to help.  I think were all good here guys, and I have learned from your question Papa, and your responses P8 as I am sure others will.   Great stuff here, and information.   Good to see you in better health big papa, and thanks P8. 

It is my dream to work in the industry, to provide formulations for patients, and consultations for othet providers.

Until then I'll be on here happily providing as much assistance as possible through the forums.

Offdababa is right, itd be one heck of a gas bill for all that traveling. Unless someone wanted to cover the gas or plane flight, in which case, I'll be right there! :D

one day. Hehe

i never looked at your location P8.... that'd be a pretty good walk and no i don't have that much in gas moeny either. lol. All in all it's been fun and i'm glad to meet new folk from any where. My thanks to all. i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

Can't find a video that is decent, so I'll outline it for you. Its very simple.

what you need:

two mason jars

bottle of 190 proof everclear.

metal strainer (for the big chunks)

coffee filter (for the fine particles)

glass dish (for evaporation)

Razor blade to scrape the goodness.

4 steps. Freeze, mix, strain/filter, evaporate.

(You can let it sit out on your counter for a few days and it will be dry.)

Notes:

the colder the better,

keep the time under 3 minutes when mixing.

you need about 1 ounce of alcohol per 1 gram of bud.

you can wash the same bud twice to get it all.

my friend is going to try this on the week end. Wish him luck.... go boom? i hope not. Thanks P8, Bill feels confident enuff to do this one

Pin-icon-1106181559.png