Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

:D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Drug-related child welfare cases have increased in Colorado, but connection to legalized marijuana is unclear

December 23, 2016

Colorado child-protection cases related to drug use have increased since the state opened recreational marijuana shops three years ago, yet it’s unclear how much the uptick relates to pot.

Child welfare cases involving drug use by a parent or foster parent went up by about 2 percentage points from 2013 to 2015, even as the total number of new child welfare cases declined. That’s an increase from 1,513 drug-related cases to 1,720 statewide. What’s unknown is how many of those cases involved marijuana or any other number of drugs, including methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine and prescription painkillers.

Still, a Joint Budget Committee staff briefing this month suggested county child welfare departments use money from the state’s “marijuana tax cash fund” because of the impact pot has had on abuse and neglect investigations..........

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/23/drug-child-welfare-cases-colorado-have-increased-in-colorado-but-connection-to-legalized-marijuana-is-unclear/

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy