22 replies to this topic

#21 MIcrobe Whisperer

MIcrobe Whisperer

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

Re: Lavelder, the essential oils in lavender work along with some other plants.

A lot of the bugs can be handled with predator nematodes - put a million of those suckers down (should cost around $50) and 99% of your issues will be eaten alive :smokin:

#22 Vinny

Vinny

Smurf

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationhalfway twixt Portland and Seattle

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

About a week ago I took a rotted cutting that had mites etc and did both a foliar spray with the lavender tea, then a complete soil drench. The bugs are gone! The plant did not suffer any ill effects, color changes, wilting or anything. In fact the little bugger is starting to flower!

I also found out that the original formula of Murphy's Oil Soap is recommended by our local horticulturists, but the new and improved or whatever slogan they use, is a different composition going from a naturally derived soap to an oil-based detergent which WILL kill clones, slips and baby plants.

In either case, and treatment containing an oil as a surfactant has to be sprayed just as evening sets in or for indo, right as the lights go out. The fans and ventilation will dry the spray so that by the time the next light cycle is on, the oil will not burn. The hot sunlight or grow lights allow the oils to burn the plants badly.

#23 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

CEO Specialized Formulations LLC

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Locationse pdx

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

About a week ago I took a rotted cutting that had mites etc and did both a foliar spray with the lavender tea, then a complete soil drench. The bugs are gone! The plant did not suffer any ill effects, color changes, wilting or anything. In fact the little bugger is starting to flower!

I also found out that the original formula of Murphy's Oil Soap is recommended by our local horticulturists, but the new and improved or whatever slogan they use, is a different composition going from a naturally derived soap to an oil-based detergent which WILL kill clones, slips and baby plants.

In either case, and treatment containing an oil as a surfactant has to be sprayed just as evening sets in or for indo, right as the lights go out. The fans and ventilation will dry the spray so that by the time the next light cycle is on, the oil will not burn. The hot sunlight or grow lights allow the oils to burn the plants badly.

my question is whether or not it can be used in flower without effecting flavor???

but this is good to hear, vinny.

Edited by eloquentsolution, 15 September 2012 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users