Photo

is there a quiet inline fan that isn't expensive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peaceman

Peaceman

Growing In Life

• Private
  • 558 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I currently am using a 6" vortex fan but its now about a year old. its really really loud now, not just the air moving through it (it's only 460 cfm) and only 6 inches. Would I be better going to an 8 inch or 12 inch fan next time? I still would prefer to not free hang since it makes me have to cool the whole room constantly or it gets too hot. I'm blooming with open face hoods currently and its good but stays warm in that room, making me have to run the central air conditioning since my portable a/c isn't setup. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a lower priced but quiet inline fan, the fan is hurting my ears unless i tie thick fire resistant blankets around it, but that makes it worse and more unbalanced like myself right now... do i need to just replace my fan?

#2 Peaceman

Peaceman

Growing In Life

• Private
  • 558 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Oh. after typing this. I realized that the fan wants to be mounted horizontally, they include a mounting bracket, but I only used it for the top bungee cords but have now leveled it out and it's much quieter. mount inline fans so the disk is horizontal. 

#3 Peaceman

Peaceman

Growing In Life

• Private
  • 558 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Nevermind. that almost caused my fan to stop and now it's not working as well as it was, looks like today i need a new fan, exactly what i needed today <sarcasm. the fan is going out anyways since it's making so much noise. still not sure the best way to mount these. you should hear this fan oh my God. It's bad. ok i will buy a new fan. nevermind can close this it helps nobody.  thanks, peaceman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users