Vinny

Smurf

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationhalfway twixt Portland and Seattle

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

The day before yesterday I went to the Mossyrock Dam and using a slip bobber (fishing at 50-feet) I caught three kokanee and one rainbow.

The Rainbow was almost 2.5 pounds when cleaned, and the Kokanee were all around a pound and a half.

I'm thinking of trying to go tomorrow morning because it is way up in the mountains, and when it's quiet and clear the view all around is so vastly beautiful and has a feeling like that of walking into a huge, hushed cathedral. I hope I might catch a few fish, but when health permits I don't go fishing to actually catch anything. I go up there because it is where I can feel God, and I pray.

I know God is everywhere, but for some reason whenever I'm up in the high country I seem to feel His presence much more clearly. Plus if I can make it to Carla's, it would be nice to bring some fresh, cleaned at the lake fish to toss on the barbie, mate!

And the best part is, even if I don't catch a thing, I still give Him the Praise for simply creating such a beautiful world for us.

#2 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Aww yes Vinny . I remember you brought fish to another party we had. And it was so good. I think it was the Halloween party at Hammsman's place. where the kids carved the pumpkins ES brought. The lord has blessed us with many years. And your testimony to God please's Him. God did create such beauty we never see. I think of Sherlock up in the woods going fishing. And though I don't fish much I do enjoy being close to God. I sit in my little yard and see the flowers and plants that spring to life with little effort. I watched a bee this morning bounce from bachelor button to bachelor button. And Prayed for guidance. Clinton called not long after that. He made me laugh. I love him so.
Thank you Vinny.

I sent you a PM
kirk

#3 Guest_doobieman_*

Guest_doobieman_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

*homer drool* that was some tasty fish, I remember B)

#4 Strider555

Strider555

Administrator

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts
  • Locationportland, or.

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

*homer drool* that was some tasty fish, I remember B)

Yes it was.... Posted Image

TO ACCESS OUR PRIVATE FORUMS CLICK HERE! 

12863878cb1f711m3.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not"

"OMMP GREEN PAGE"                        Brothers With Glass

#5 Cheri❤

Cheri❤

Humble Servant

• Moderators
  • 3,023 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

hoping youll be able to come fish or not...beautiful post may u be blessedPosted Image

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

#6 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

CEO Specialized Formulations LLC

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Locationse pdx

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

The day before yesterday I went to the Mossyrock Dam and using a slip bobber (fishing at 50-feet) I caught three kokanee and one rainbow.

The Rainbow was almost 2.5 pounds when cleaned, and the Kokanee were all around a pound and a half.

I'm thinking of trying to go tomorrow morning because it is way up in the mountains, and when it's quiet and clear the view all around is so vastly beautiful and has a feeling like that of walking into a huge, hushed cathedral. I hope I might catch a few fish, but when health permits I don't go fishing to actually catch anything. I go up there because it is where I can feel God, and I pray.

I know God is everywhere, but for some reason whenever I'm up in the high country I seem to feel His presence much more clearly. Plus if I can make it to Carla's, it would be nice to bring some fresh, cleaned at the lake fish to toss on the barbie, mate!

And the best part is, even if I don't catch a thing, I still give Him the Praise for simply creating such a beautiful world for us.

oh my gosh, vinny. that would be a dream!!! come even if you catch nothing. (do bring the ones from yesterday tho!) :huh:

i see god everywhere but in the mountains it is quiet and i can feel him too.

#7 Guest_STATIC_*

Guest_STATIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Went and spent $27 on salmon and was SOOO disappointed... it was horrible you could tell it had been frozen even though they claimed it to be fresh. I want FRESH CHINOOK salmon... :hooka:

Posted Image

#8 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Locationse pdx

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

you should have tasted the fresh kokanee at the party!

#9 SHERLOCK

SHERLOCK

Lover

• Honorary Administrator
  • 228 posts
  • Location221 B BAKER STREET.LOL redmond or

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

ah fishin .I love to go fishin.just been in the great outdoors
is a gift. I Love being under big trees swayin with the breezes
Listening to the eagles cry.hearing e scolling of the sparrows.
watching the deer graze. and hearing and feelin the great spirit
seeing the fishes in the streams look fer a nice place to nap.

oh I could go on but ya get the idea!!

when I am too long from been in the wild I feel sick of heart and must go
out there to feel good AGAIN!

oh lordy thanky so much fer all them wild places to feel your hand in and see everything
that you touch with such beauty.

there's no place Like THE great NORTHWEST. i AM VERY LUCKY TO LIVE THERE! AMEN

13934958cb1f711m3.jpg

#10 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

I'm going fishing right now. :)

#11 Guest_STATIC_*

Guest_STATIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

OH man... Didn't know there was some.. hehe

#12 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Locationse pdx

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

really? big plate. i grilled them. probably 15ish.

#13 Guest_STATIC_*

Guest_STATIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

really? big plate. i grilled them. probably 15ish.

Well dang, I must of been blind and too shy... :bigemo_harabe_net-163:Posted Image

#14 k1ndz0n3

k1ndz0n3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Gmail:k1ndz0n3.jc@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon City

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Great post Vinnie ! We should plan a fishing trip sometime. I gotta get on the river again soon, been too long, almost 2 years now. Got gear, but had no $$ for licence. Next season for sure !
<KZ>

"Minds are like parachutes, both function best when opened" 1KZSignature.jpg

#15 kristi

kristi

Activist

• Active
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

11,000 plus Chinooks over Bonneville yesterday - many of them headed to the upper river! - and they are starting to show up in the Bay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users