The state has issued qualifications in order to get a medical marijuana card for patients who need it for medical purposes. Below are the requirements needed to get a registry identification card:
1. First step is to provide a valid identification card that will show that you are an US citizen.
2. Chose a primary caregiver, since they need to be registered too. The primary caregiver will be the responsible for the patient’s health conditions, obtaining medicine & more.(Photocopy of care giver's identification is also required)
3. Chose a marijuana grower, you will need to register your grower & grow location with Oregon DHS. (Photocopy of grower's identification is also required)
4. You also need a written doctor's referral that states the recommendation of marijuana use for pain treatment. The doctor must be licensed to practice medicine in Oregon.
5. A form from the Oregon medical marijuana program must be filled up and signed.
6. If the patient is below 18 years of age, the parents or guardians will be the ones to process the patient’s registration for medical marijuana use.
7. Pay the fee for registering. Then mail all the forms and requirements to your local DHS office.
In order to get your medical marijuana there are 2 mandatory fees you must pay. The first is the cost to get your doctors referral and the second is the state filing fees.
∗Clinic visit $175
∗State filing fees $200
∗State filing fees: Persons receiving food stamps $100
∗State filing fees: Persons receiving SSI benefits $20
∗Grower registration fee: $50