#1 Cheri❤

Cheri❤

Humble Servant

• Moderators
  • 3,019 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Contributed by: ¤Spiritus†Domini¤ & Flowerman

Cut some willow branches (All willow species produce this natural rooting hormone), into 2" or 4" long pieces (enough pieces to fill a bowl).

Put the willow cuttings into a big kettle (or pot) on the stove, fill with water (all cuttings should be are covered by water). Turn on minimum heat setting, cover with a lid, and leave on low (but do not boil) for 2 hours. Then turn off heat and leave kettle covered for 12 hours.

After the mixture has cooled for 12 hours, the water should be a dark brown. Strain out the water, and discard the branches. Pour the mixture into a container with a plastic top with holes pre-made, and just drop your cuttings in. Let the clones sit in the hormone for 12 to 24 hours (thus allowing the cuttings to fully absorb the rooting hormones), then plant into your medium.

Use as much rooting hormone as you require, then discard the used portion. The unused hormone can be stored in the ice box for years

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

#2 Theo

Theo

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Contributed by: ¤Spiritus†Domini¤ & Flowerman

Cut some willow branches (All willow species produce this natural rooting hormone), into 2" or 4" long pieces (enough pieces to fill a bowl).

Put the willow cuttings into a big kettle (or pot) on the stove, fill with water (all cuttings should be are covered by water). Turn on minimum heat setting, cover with a lid, and leave on low (but do not boil) for 2 hours. Then turn off heat and leave kettle covered for 12 hours.

After the mixture has cooled for 12 hours, the water should be a dark brown. Strain out the water, and discard the branches. Pour the mixture into a container with a plastic top with holes pre-made, and just drop your cuttings in. Let the clones sit in the hormone for 12 to 24 hours (thus allowing the cuttings to fully absorb the rooting hormones), then plant into your medium.

Use as much rooting hormone as you require, then discard the used portion. The unused hormone can be stored in the ice box for years

I really like your gardening tip but I do have a couple questions for you if you don't mind answering. My first question is: is there a certain time of year that willow limbs must be gathered or is the hormone present year-round? My second question is: what is the survival rate for this particular method? I only ask because it sounds fun and I may want to try it. Thanks again for the great tip.

#3 Cheri❤

Cheri❤

Humble Servant

• Moderators
  • 3,019 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

#4 PeacePipe

PeacePipe

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

I was taught that this old trick is best done in the spring/summer but will work no matter the season being that the hormone is always present within the new growing tips .. I will also say this is by far no old wives tale , it really works and it is also a great addition to a Tea and as a Feed for all growing plants that you wish to grow stronger . More roots = Better Growth rates and harvests .......... PPS
Manifesting Sacred Dreams and Invocating spirits while incarnating them all into Mother Earths Genetics -PeacePipe's Smoking Dreams-

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users