I have some questions that have been nagging me about Oregon mmj possession limits. But first, some background info:
I am an OMMP patient and have designated myself as my grower and my grow site is my residence (I have both OMMP patient and OMMP grower cards). I only grow for myself, so my limit is 6 mature mj plants.
For ommp growers, the OAR states:
Usable Marijuana Possession Limits for a Person Designated to Produce Marijuana by a Patient
(1) Subject to section (2) of this rule, a person designated to produce marijuana by a patient may possess the amount of usable marijuana that the person harvests from his or her mature marijuana plants, provided that the person may not possess usable marijuana in excess of the amount of usable marijuana in the person’s possession as reported to the Authority under OAR 333-008-0630.
(2) A person designated to produce marijuana by a patient may not possess usable marijuana in excess of:
(a) For a marijuana grow site located outdoors, 12 pounds of usable marijuana per mature marijuana plant; or
( For a marijuana grow site located indoors, six pounds of usable marijuana per mature marijuana plant.
(3) Unless a PRMG falls within the definition of a person designated to produce marijuana by a patient the PRMG may only possess the amount of usable marijuana that is permitted under ORS 475B.245.
(4) A PRMG producing marijuana at a grow site where there are multiple PRMGs registered must physically segregate the usable marijuana at the grow site address that is the property of the PRMG or the PRMG’s patients by placing the usable marijuana in a receptacle or multiple receptacles and attaching a label to the receptacle that includes the PRMG’s name, identification card number and patient identification number.
(5) If during an investigation the Authority determines that usable marijuana has not been segregated in accordance with section (4) of this rule or that usable marijuana at the grow site is identified as belonging to an individual who is not registered at the grow site, the Authority may suspend or revoke the registration of the grow site address for all PRMGs producing at that grow site and the PRMG’s cards.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 475B.525
Stats. Implemented: ORS 475B.430
Hist.: PH 9-2016, f. 2-26-16, cert. ef. 3-1-16
I feel like the OAR isn't super clear. My questions are as follows:
1. Is the possession limit 6 lbs per indoor plant grown and harvested? For example, say I grow one plant indoors and harvest a very optimistic 6 lbs of usable mmj from this plant and put every bit of the 6 lbs into storage and don't use any of it. Months later, say I grow and harvest 6 indoor plants, again, with each plant optimistically yielding 6 lbs each. I would then have 42 lbs total. Would this be in compliance?
2. Am I limited to a maximum total possession of 36 lbs (6 plant limit x 6 lbs = 36 lbs)? In other words, is the possession limit a simple cap at 36 lbs for a grower with a single patient?
3. Since I designated myself as my own grower, am I allowed to have my OMMP patient limits PLUS grower limits?