10 replies to this topic

#1 Stubs O'Kief

Stubs O'Kief

• Private
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

Hi all,

I have some questions that have been nagging me about Oregon mmj possession limits.  But first, some background info:

I am an OMMP patient and have designated myself as my grower and my grow site is my residence (I have both OMMP patient and OMMP grower cards).  I only grow for myself, so my limit is 6 mature mj plants.  

For ommp growers, the OAR states:

333-008-0580

Usable Marijuana Possession Limits for a Person Designated to Produce Marijuana by a Patient

(1) Subject to section (2) of this rule, a person designated to produce marijuana by a patient may possess the amount of usable marijuana that the person harvests from his or her mature marijuana plants, provided that the person may not possess usable marijuana in excess of the amount of usable marijuana in the person’s possession as reported to the Authority under OAR 333-008-0630.

(2) A person designated to produce marijuana by a patient may not possess usable marijuana in excess of:

(a) For a marijuana grow site located outdoors, 12 pounds of usable marijuana per mature marijuana plant; or

( B) For a marijuana grow site located indoors, six pounds of usable marijuana per mature marijuana plant.

(3) Unless a PRMG falls within the definition of a person designated to produce marijuana by a patient the PRMG may only possess the amount of usable marijuana that is permitted under ORS 475B.245.

(4) A PRMG producing marijuana at a grow site where there are multiple PRMGs registered must physically segregate the usable marijuana at the grow site address that is the property of the PRMG or the PRMG’s patients by placing the usable marijuana in a receptacle or multiple receptacles and attaching a label to the receptacle that includes the PRMG’s name, identification card number and patient identification number.

(5) If during an investigation the Authority determines that usable marijuana has not been segregated in accordance with section (4) of this rule or that usable marijuana at the grow site is identified as belonging to an individual who is not registered at the grow site, the Authority may suspend or revoke the registration of the grow site address for all PRMGs producing at that grow site and the PRMG’s cards.

Stat. Auth.: ORS 475B.525 
Stats. Implemented: ORS 475B.430 
Hist.: PH 9-2016, f. 2-26-16, cert. ef. 3-1-16

I feel like the OAR isn't super clear.  My questions are as follows:

1.  Is the possession limit 6 lbs per indoor plant grown and harvested?  For example, say I grow one plant indoors and harvest a very optimistic 6 lbs of usable mmj from this plant and put every bit of the 6 lbs into storage and don't use any of it.  Months later, say I grow and harvest 6 indoor plants, again, with each plant optimistically yielding 6 lbs each.  I would then have 42 lbs total.  Would this be in compliance?

2.  Am I limited to a maximum total possession of 36 lbs (6 plant limit x 6 lbs = 36 lbs)?  In other words, is the possession limit a simple cap at 36 lbs for a grower with a single patient?

3.  Since I designated myself as my own grower, am I allowed to have my OMMP patient limits PLUS grower limits? 

Thanks!

-Stubs

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#2 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,356 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Great questions and ones that the answers are changing daily.

3.  Since I designated myself as my own grower, am I allowed to have my OMMP patient limits PLUS grower limits?

I know this is "no". Last I read you can not have both a medical grow and recreational grow at the same house. Its 6 mature plants and a 24 ounce limit. Period.

Please let us know if I'm wrong. Lets all learn something. 3 people living in one house can not all grow 4 plants for a total of 12. I wish it worked that way.

A"Producer" is a whole nother thing, This requires a license, Which allows for more on hand cannabis.

You can grow for yourself as a ommp grower and pay the fees and grow for another ommp person and have 12 mature plants. what the limits would be Im not sure

#3 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think its worth mentioning that I do not know the current laws. Only the old ones. things change daily and OLCC will be taking ommp over and a whole new set of rules shall be released.

I hope one of our members knows the answers to these questions.

#4 Stubs O'Kief

Stubs O'Kief

• Private
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Hi Eddie, thanks for your response.  I fail to see the logic in the OLCC controlling a medical program....I feel like the OHA is much more qualified to run such a program... is this transfer already set in stone, or is it just proposed at this point?  Pardon my ignorance, political and legal matters are often lost on me.

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#5 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Random Guy that Moderates stuff

• Moderators
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMetro Area

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Quoted from http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/pages/rules/oars_300/oar_333/333_008.html

"

333-008-0080

Permissible Amounts of Medical Marijuana for Patients and Caregivers

(1) A patient or the patient's designated primary caregiver may jointly possess up to six mature marijuana plants and 24 ounces of usable marijuana.

(2) A patient or the patient’s designated primary caregiver may only possess cannabinoid products, concentrates or extracts in the amounts described in ORS 475B.245.

(3) A patient and designated primary caregiver must have, in his or her possession, his or her registry identification card or OMMP identification card when transporting marijuana.

(4) A patient must have, in his or her possession, his or her registry identification card when using marijuana in a location other than the residence of the cardholder. "

Will try to find more information.

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#6 Stubs O'Kief

Stubs O'Kief

• Private
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Sorry Eddie, I realized that my third question isn't clear.  Changes are bold and italicized.  The question should read:

3.  Since I designated myself as my own OMMP grower, am I allowed to have my OMMP patient possession limits (24 oz) PLUS my OMMP grower (aka PRMG) posession limits (6 lbs per mature marijuana plant for indoor grow site)

I could never be a lawyer.  I'd go off the deep end trying to make sense of this alien language on a daily basis.  I wonder if there are any lawyers here in the PIF community who might be able to translate all of this legalese jibber-jabber into plain ol' 'merican

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#7 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

• Moderators
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMetro Area

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

It looks like the 6 pound limit is for if you are growing for a patient and not just yourself.

#8 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

Sorry Eddie, I realized that my third question isn't clear.  Changes are bold and italicized.  The question should read:

3.  Since I designated myself as my own OMMP grower, am I allowed to have my OMMP patient possession limits (24 oz) PLUS my OMMP grower (aka PRMG) posession limits (6 lbs per mature marijuana plant for indoor grow site)

I could never be a lawyer.  I'd go off the deep end trying to make sense of this alien language on a daily basis.  I wonder if there are any lawyers here in the PIF community who might be able to translate all of this legalese jibber-jabber into plain ol' 'merican

I just have no clue. Shortglide use to handle these questions but they got to complicated. 

#9 Stubs O'Kief

Stubs O'Kief

• Private
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

It looks like the 6 pound limit is for if you are growing for a patient and not just yourself.

Thanks SRG!

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#10 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

I fail to see the logic in the OLCC controlling a medical program....I feel like the OHA is much more qualified to run such a program... is this transfer already set in stone,

No Its not set yet, I think its just an idea floating around.

#11 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

• Moderators
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMetro Area

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

I hope it doesnt get taken over. It will all turn into a for profit program and stuff is gonna go over board on changes.

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ommp, possession, limit, grower

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users