Caedmon Michael

Poet Warrior

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

We've announced our Essay Contest and Holiday Drawing winners. Please take a moment to read the winning essays and congratulate all our winners.

Essay Contest

Essay: High for the Holidays

Winner: flyin1420 – Chug-A-Lug

Prize: RAW Cone Maker

Essay: My First Grow

Winner: Suzycrmcheese – My First Grow

Prize: Marijuana Photograph by Tumbleweed

Essay: My Smoke Buddy

Winner: flyin1420 – Beautiful Herb

Prize: Smokebuddy

Holiday Drawing

Grand Prize: Phoenician Grinder

Winner: Suzycrmcheese

Private Senior: Big Daddy Reflector and Light

Winner: flyin1420

Staff Prize: Trove Odorless Chamber

Winner: SomeRandomGuy

First Prize: RAW XXL Lap Rolling Tray

Winner: mycodan

• EDDIEKIRK, flyin1420 and SomeRandomGuy like this

Welcome to the Hive Mind
My mind is on vacation. Please, kindly inform me if you see it. It is likely wearing a sparkle, rainbow wig, and comes to the name "Kristen."

#2 shortglide

shortglide

Advocate/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,155 posts
  • Gmail:robinwarnermibc@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

Congratulations to Flyin1420, Suzycrmcheese, SomeRandomGuy and mycodan.

• EDDIEKIRK, SomeRandomGuy and MycoDan like this

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

#3 MycoDan

MycoDan

• Private Senior
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:55 AM

Awesome! Thank you kindly to all who donated to make this contest/raffle possible. It was a pleasure reading the essays.
  • EDDIEKIRK likes this

#4 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

Thank you everyone who played, I enjoyed reading and participating on all your posts,

Congratulations to Flyin1420, Suzycrmcheese, SomeRandomGuy and mycodan.

A special thanks to our sponsor Rolling Paper Depot

• MycoDan likes this

#5 flyin1420

flyin1420

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

Thanks to the good folks here at PIF for holding this contest.  It was fun, and I'm happy that people enjoyed what I wrote

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

#6 Caedmon Michael

Caedmon Michael

Poet Warrior

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

Standby for another announcement, tonight!
  • EDDIEKIRK and flyin1420 like this

Welcome to the Hive Mind
My mind is on vacation. Please, kindly inform me if you see it. It is likely wearing a sparkle, rainbow wig, and comes to the name "Kristen."

#7 Caedmon Michael

Caedmon Michael

Poet Warrior

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:42 PM

I enjoyed the intersectionality of the stories.

Flyin1420 was there for my the first bite of my first overindulgence. I had a migraine at the time, so my stomach had shut down, which meant I kept eating, waiting for something to happen. Digestion didn't kick in until Inwas on light rail the next morning, on my way to downtown PDX. The train ride was a blast, but then my vision and balance disappeared somewhere near 5th and Alder.

Suzycrmcheese's story brought back memories. I was a sophomore in high school and lived just a few miles away. We used to gossip about that house, except most of the stories placed some dangerous gang or cartel on the property, so we stayed the hell away. I mean, only criminals grew pot, right? Nancy Reagan said so. I have no idea how we knew or if it was just a rumor based on what I now know to be a good guess. I wanted to nominate this story for the "It's a Small World" award.

The whole contest was a blast. Stories are fun.

Welcome to the Hive Mind

#8 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

I love the way we each learn a little bit more about each other. We have played a similar game like this, It was for a prize given Feb14th 2014

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/8600-%E2%96%BA-free-fli-pen-electronic-vaporizer%E2%97%84/

I think SuzyCream won that one as well. :P

• flyin1420 likes this

#9 Suzycrmcheese

Suzycrmcheese

Music Forum Leader

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationEugene

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

I enjoyed the intersectionality of the stories.

Flyin1420 was there for my the first bite of my first overindulgence. I had a migraine at the time, so my stomach had shut down, which meant I kept eating, waiting for something to happen. Digestion didn't kick in until Inwas on light rail the next morning, on my way to downtown PDX. The train ride was a blast, but then my vision and balance disappeared somewhere near 5th and Alder.

Suzycrmcheese's story brought back memories. I was a sophomore in high school and lived just a few miles away. We used to gossip about that house, except most of the stories placed some dangerous gang or cartel on the property, so we stayed the hell away. I mean, only criminals grew pot, right? Nancy Reagan said so. I have no idea how we knew or if it was just a rumor based on what I now know to be a good guess. I wanted to nominate this story for the "It's a Small World" award.

The whole contest was a blast. Stories are fun.

Okay, now your earlier reference becomes clear...lol. Oh, and the rumors were all true.  My husband was a member of a motorcycle club, which according to the police, was a gang that laundered their drug money through

their Toy Run for the needy...total bs.  Sure they liked to go fast, party, and color outside of the lines, but MOST were average guys with jobs and families.

This is awesome!!!!! Thanks so much for the fun...thank you sponsor!!!  Loved reading everyone's stories!!!!  I'm going to love that grinder...I have some buds that have the density of a rock!

• EDDIEKIRK, Caedmon Michael and flyin1420 like this

#10 Suzycrmcheese

Suzycrmcheese

Music Forum Leader

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationEugene

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

I love the way we each learn a little bit more about each other. We have played a similar game like this, It was for a prize given Feb14th 2014

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/8600-%E2%96%BA-free-fli-pen-electronic-vaporizer%E2%97%84/

I think SuzyCream won that one as well. :P

I did...lots of good stories from my young and wilder past.  I agree EK...brings personality and family feel to the site, and I love that!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users