Suzycrmcheese

Music Forum Leader

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationEugene

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hope no one minds that I enter this contest, as i haven't been around much, but this sounds like fun.

Back in 1989, the price of pot was at a record high.  I was a daily smoker then, and had always  bought my weed in quantity, selling to friends to discount my

consumption.  Never one to follow the rules, we decided to build a secret room.  We lived on an acre of land, at the end of a dead-end street next to a Grange Hall,

off of River Rd. in Eugene.  Half of the acre on one side of the house, with a small shop, was blackberries.  We went down lower on the shop side, and laid a foundation.

We certainly did not get the required permits.  We trained the blackberries to grow over the room so it was concealed.  Wasn't invisible of course, and I always worried

about heat seeking technology, but we felt fairly secure.  We accessed the room through a hidden door in the shop, and used Jorge's book as a guide...clones from

a friend...4 600W lights, and vented the room into an outdoor shed.  Quality was very good, but quantity was low because I never transplanted out of 1 gal. pots.

Still managed over a pound which was selling for ??? $3,200.

Our house, which we rented for $160, was tiny at 750 sq ft.  We had added an extra 300 sq ft with 2 extra bedrooms (and grow rm), when I became pregnant with

my first child.  Well, we made it too nice, as our landlord (a friend), decided to get back with his ex-wife, and we were asked to leave.  Welcome to the real world!

Years later, I was talking to someone who had lived a couple of blocks away at the same time, and they could smell it...Yikes!  I don't like to think what could have

happened if we would have been busted, especially regarding my kids.  I did learn the medicinal value as when I was growing, my brother was fighting cancer

and going through chemo.  It helped him so much, and wish I would have known what I know now regarding RSO.  He fought for 2 years, and died at 46.

I feel blessed to live in Oregon, a pro-cannabis state!!

• EDDIEKIRK, tumbleweed, PaPa-Smurf and 4 others like this

#2 Caedmon Michael

Caedmon Michael

Poet Warrior

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationPortland

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Um… Your grow was a little more well known than you might have thought. *cough*

Small world. :D
  • EDDIEKIRK and PaPa-Smurf like this

Welcome to the Hive Mind
My mind is on vacation. Please, kindly inform me if you see it. It is likely wearing a sparkle, rainbow wig, and comes to the name "Kristen."

#3 flyin1420

flyin1420

• Private Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

1989 was a little before my time, but pounds were going for $3200 back then around here??  In Arizona I was getting pounds from Mexico for $500 in the mid to late 90s.  High quality stuff too... Must have been a regional thing

• EDDIEKIRK and PaPa-Smurf like this

#4 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,358 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

We have several contests happening during the holiday season and encourage you to play in as many as you have time foo.

Cheri and I do think of you often and worry when you're gone for long periods, We hope your staying warm and that all is well in your "neck of the woods". :D

Cheri would never let me "Bloom" Plants, she would only let me veg small ones. So we had to buy our cannabis, It was $400 a QP (4 ounces) and was brick weed with tons of seeds. It was not until our children had grown that I finally was allowed to set the time back and bloom out a plant, Our first ones were done in 3 gallon containers and would yield about 4-6 ounces per plant under 1000 watts HPS (High Pressure sodium)

Our place now is about 700 square feet and we would love to add an additional 300 feet, But sure enough we do, they'll raise our rent. :(

God bless you Sister Suzy.

Kirk

• PaPa-Smurf and flyin1420 like this

#5 PaPa-Smurf

PaPa-Smurf

private

• Private Senior
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Locationportland, OR

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

That is a shame you lost your cool house. I used to buy in quantity myself. It helped offset my up fronts costs. :D

ommp-pay-it-forward-600-200.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users