shortglide

Advocate/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,155 posts
  • Gmail:robinwarnermibc@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

in 11994 my 34 year old husband passed away from this disease. His symptoms started in april and he passed away on Dec 19th of that year. As was suggested in another post in this forum, we did go to the Mayo clinic for a diagnosis. Now I have a friend with this disease and it breaks my heart to watch them go through this.

August is the ALS Associations Ice Bucket Challenge. I am challenging the members of this board to do it with me. If you don't live in the area that is fine, you can take the challenge and post your video here. You must also post on the ALS website where you can then volunteer, advocate or donate to the cause. It doesn't matter how much you donate, every little bit helps.

Please accept my challenge and lets find a date and time and place where we can do this. Not to put them on the spot, but perhaps Cured Green parking lot could be a meeting place for us. I'm taking the challenge either way, and I can't stand to be cold, but it is worth it to me in honor of my late husband and friend. I would have done it last year but I didn't know until after. 

Now.....I triple dog dare you. bwhahahaha (evil laugh)

• EDDIEKIRK and offdababa like this

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

#2 shortglide

shortglide

Advocate/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationOregon

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

ok this has 68 views and no takers? come on. Let's do a group thing which what I want to do. 

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

#3 EDDIEKIRK

EDDIEKIRK

Humble Servant

• Administrators
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationPortland oregon

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

#IceBucketChallenge @Shorty, I will happily "help" poor ice water over you're head and film it, :D

• shortglide and offdababa like this

#4 offdababa

offdababa

Happy to help, ask me anything.

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts
  • LocationCornfields

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

#IceBucketChallenge @Shorty, I will happily "help" poor ice water over you're head and film it, :D

If the buckets to large for one man to lift, I volunteer to help you pour it Admiral.

• EDDIEKIRK likes this

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

#5 shortglide

shortglide

Advocate/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationOregon

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Having been pre-empted by unforeseen circumstances and bad timing I don't know if I'm going to make this or not. If not a donation will be made.

• EDDIEKIRK and offdababa like this

shortglide-1.jpg

#6 offdababa

offdababa

Happy to help, ask me anything.

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts
  • LocationCornfields

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

I was loading up the bobcat so I Eddie and I could tip the bucket! :(

• EDDIEKIRK and shortglide like this

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users